Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hunger Games

The Husband talked about these books around mid-December, so I bought the trilogy for him for Christmas.

Two weeks later, he was done with the books.

A few more weeks passed by and Hubs excitedly told me there was a movie trailer out for the Hunger Games.

The movie came out this past Friday, so I started reading the book Thursday. We went to see the movie on Sunday.

Verdict? The book is much better than the movie.

I saw an article that talked about Rue being black and how they weren't as sad that she died because of her skin color.

I was appalled.

Other commenters discussed how the movie didn't cover a lot of the book. It can't possibly though, right?

Although, the romance was lacking in the movie versus the book. And there were other things Hubs and I thought the movie definitely should have added.

But, I'll use a book-turned-to-movie as an excuse to go on a date with my husband anytime.




2 comments:

  1. I've only heard good things about the movie! I think the book is ALWAYS better than the movie.

    What an awful comment about Rue's skin color. That makes me sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad I finished the first book MONTHS ago and the second two over Christmas vacation...I think not seeing them right after I read them was better. Sorry you were disappointed.

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved