Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sensory Bottles

I've made quite a few sensory bottles for M, and she seems to enjoy them. I'll add the others in a future post. The ones I made yesterday are my favorite because they're so bright! and cheery! and M can learn colors from them.

We made colored noodles! They are so so so simple to make and I got the idea from from this sweet lady. I did change a few small details.

Items needed:
•Quart size bags. I double bagged my ziplocs
•water bottles
•gloves. Hindsight is 20/20, and 24 hours later I still have dye on my hands
•food coloring. I have liquid and gel but used liquid only
•noodles. I tried egg noodles for one color and they did not hold the color
•rubbing alcohol







Directions
•squeeze about 6 drops of food coloring into the double lined ziploc bag
•add a quarter cup of rubbing alcohol. do
notskimp on this part. I found the more I filled the 1/4 cup, the better the color came out
•add noodles into the bag. I took a few small handfuls.
•shake shake shake the bag to make sure all noodles get colored. flip the bag over every 20-30 minutes. I let the noodles sit in the coloring for about 3.5 hours
•when done, drain bag and let noodles air dry on a cookie sheet or paper towel or whatever you want






I decided to put the noodles in water bottles because although M is really good about not putting non-food items in her mouth, I don't need something I "may" have to worry about added into the mix!




And the final product:



We had some extra colored noodles so we made a rainbow bottle.






1 comments:

  1. So cute! My girls would love these!!
    Any ideas of things to do with the noodles?

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved