Thursday, April 5, 2012

3:30

The Husband, M and I fell asleep together last night. At around 11 pm, I woke up and Hubs put M in her crib.

He and I talked for a little and then he fell back asleep. Me?

Not so much.

I didn't fall back asleep for hours. And hours.

I've come to realize that all of my worries, memories, thoughts, blog posts, hit me hardest in the middle of the night.

I laid next to Hubs, just listening to an occasional snore. {by the way, trying to tell yourself it's just an "added white noise" only works for so long, in case you're wondering.}

I figured I should get up for the day, so I looked at the clock.

Three thirty.

It wasn't even close to daylight.

So I laid in bed, pondering life's greatest mysteries some things going on, missing M, wondering what we'd be eating for dinner. (what? You don't do that at 3:30 am?)

And then I realized, Why keep myself up at night worrying when I have everything I need? Everything I want? Within a few feet of me no less?

And the next thing I knew, The Husband's alarm clock was going off at 6:10 am.

Sometimes, you just need to remind yourself that you're exactly where you need to be.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more! Good post friend!

    Have a great weekend with your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to wake up in the middle of the night too. Like clockwork. If it ever happens again, I'm going to remind myself of the same thing. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved