Friday, June 29, 2012

Firecracker Shrimp. The Time I Almost Died

I asked twitter to help me come up with a simple recipe for making The Husband some tasty shrimp.

You see, I'm Jewish, and I don't eat seafood/pork. I've never even so much as touched either.

Wait. I just remembered I tried a mussel on a girls weekend in Virginia Beach and it was guh-ross.

So I guess other than that, I don't eat the stuff.

I of course married someone that not only loves seafood, but also pork. And me. Especially when I cook for him.

So I wanted to surprise him with some tasty shrimp.

But. Where do I start?

Twitter, of course!

And? My ladies pulled through. I signed back onto twitter a few hours later and had 21, that's right, TWENTY ONE, different people respond to my inquiry. (thanks, ladies. The Husband thanks you, too!)

The recipe I ultimately chose for my first time cooking these miniature sea creatures is from the Pioneer Woman. Why? Well, for one main reason. It's spicy, and my husband loves spicy anything.

So, it was settled.

Here's the link for the recipe.

It was delicious and although it was considered "very spicy" by my spicy loving husband, he's asked me to make it several more times since.

I'd say it was a success!




Sriracha sauce tried to kill me. I "sampled" the final product of the sauce and then ran through the house for five straight minutes trying to cool my mouth off. It was HOT. I even told The Husband, in a way. But I couldn't tell him WHY I almost died because this was a surprise meal, remember?






Olive oil added.




I'd like to thank a garlic press for making my life infinitely easier for the five cloves I added next.






Salt and sugar and anything else in the recipe was added.

I'm not sure why the Pioneer Woman's food pictures always look better than mine. But at least my food tasted as good.

Happy Friday!

1 comments:

  1. You are such a good wife :) I didn't know Jewish people didn't eat seafood? Interesting tidbit ff info for my Friday!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved