Tuesday, July 10, 2012

G-d Has A Sense Of Humor {Part I}

I didn't have a lot of concerns about parenting when I was pregnant.

I guess you could say I was blissfully ignorant about a lot of things. But, I also knew that worrying would do me no good because really, I didn't know exactly what type of parent I'd be and more importantly, what good would worrying do?

The one concern I had throughout the pregnancy that never faded, and didn't really have to do with parenting?

Migraines.

 Debilitating headaches.

Those things.

I had migraines with M up until 18 weeks. When most doctors say that pregnancy migraines, at the latest, stop at the end of the first trimester? Ha! I almost went until my fifth month of pregnancy.

But I knew that I was concerned about headaches when I would be alone with M.

I mean, what parent wants to have debilitating headaches that, even with the slightest noise or faintest glint of light, you cringe?

I posted on twitter, as a complete whine-bag (thanks for listening, y'all), that I was having daily migraines. I actually posted the tweets at about a month and a half in of having these hardcore head-aches every.single.day.

I went to an ENT. "Nothing's wrong! I mean, you have an extremely deviated septum, but you should get allergy tested! Maybe that's it!"

I went to two general practitioners. "SEL, nothings wrong! It's all in your head!" (I wanted to punch the doctor in the face when he said that.)

No one could help me.

So, I took matters into my own hands and demanded migraine preventative meds from my doctor. I had been on them for a few months back in 2008 but started working out daily and went off the medicine successfully.

I started taking the migraine preventative and? KNOCK-ON-WOOD have only had three headaches in a three week time span!

Yay! Yippee! Praise G-d! Thank G-d!

My quality of life was so badly getting affected by the daily migraines that M went from going outside to play for hours everyday, to not going out at.all. I felt horrible.

And even though The Husband was picking up my slack and taking M out when he got home from work, it wasn't the same. I wasn't the same.

Until I started taking the medicine.

What was the pivotal point in me demanding the medicine? You'll see tomorrow...

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved