Monday, October 29, 2012

52 Reasons...

Shameless plug: Don't forget to enter the giveaway for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You can enter here.

Sometimes, I get this crazy idea of making something amazing! different! pretty! for The Husband, as a just-because type of thing. So, I headed to trusty Pinterest for a project. I found one I liked. I bought the one item I didn't have at home. I got started on the project. Well, I'm going to consider this project a win AND fail.

You see, the picture I saw was this. Cute, lovey-dovey, simple, right?


Yes and yes, but the "simple" part of this is wrong.

Now, I'm no novice when it comes to arts and crafts. But this project? Way more intense than it looks. Or maybe I just like to do things the difficult way?

I bought a pack of playing cards. Measured them. Typed up 52 reasons why I love my husband.

I printed them all out, all 18 pages. Why 18 pages? Because some 'reasons' were in bigger font because there were less words. (example: "you hug me tight" would be in bigger font than "you make my favorite dish for me when I'm sick.")

But some reasons were at the bottom of one page and the top of another, or the font was TOO small, etc., I reprinted the reasons about 4 times. Sorry trees.

Then I had to cut out the little reasons and glue them on the cards.

When I punched holes in the cards, (to eventually put rings through, so the cards would flip over one another like a little book) I tried to measure to make sure the holes were in the same spot on each card. I failed on this. Big time.

The Husband loved the gift but I was so embarrassed to give it to him, looking like a kindergartener had made it. And in all honesty? A kindergartener would've done a better job.

The reasons I love My Husband...

The pain in the ass cards

The cards. Notice the "World Series" at the top? Yep, didn't print
out the "52 Reasons..." large enough.

See the holes punched on the wrong side of the card? FAIL.

It looks so, disheveled?

My pinterest project looked nothing like the inspiration it came from.

Whatever.

The Husband loved it because it "came from the heart." Smart guy.

21 comments:

  1. I was smiling the whole time I read this post! You are hilarious :)

    Smart man indeed! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Welcome to my world my friend. This is exactly how I felt about my tinted mason jars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this, and think it looks wonderful! I wish even 10% of my projects looked like their inspiration. I like to think of them as "orignal ideas" as they look nothing like the should.
    but those turned out WONDERFUL:)

    your such an awesome wife! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so sweet! Who cares what it looks like, it's the wonderful thought that counts. Your hubby is a lucky guy :)
    thanks for stopping by my blog and following. definitely following back now. sorry it took me so long :)

    xx
    sophie
    http://theforgestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahaha the FIRST thing i thought when i looked at the inspiration was: "i would so mess up putting holes in the cards and they would all be uneven when i put them together." Bingo! It's so sweet though! You are a rocking wife!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would do the same thing! I so want to be "crafty", but I've had to accept the fact that my crafting skills are very limited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "This project can be done, just not by me!" I love it. It really is such a cute idea! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am QUEEN of seeing something and thinking I'm talented to whip it right up and then failing miserably. I should start taking pics of those things. I do like this idea, though, but I'd totally use the electric hole puncher at work. Is that cheating? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I made one of these for my husband last year! I agree, it took a lot more work than expected!!

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute idea! might have to do this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually think it looks great. AND..I did that for my husband too! It really is harder than it thinks. It just takes time. AND I made my cards all vintage looking so I had to distress every single one. Yeah. Lots of work. They look good though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet! That would be a nice little addition to a christmas stocking or perhaps a valentines day present.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is super cute! Thanks for finding me on Friday's Letters...following you back! Have an awesome week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute! Following back from the Monday Mingle. Hope you have a fabulous day!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it looks great! I love this idea and I love that you did it just because! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Loving yours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog! Thanks for following mine btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's fantastic! You were too harsh on yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen this all over pinterest and I think I have it pinned like 5 times! I have been wanting to do this so bad... But honestly, I think my attempt would come out much like yours! It still looks great though and i'm glad the hubs appreciated how from the heart it was!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah its a real shame this didnt work for you, but it is such a good idea and so nice of you to do it that you shouldn't be embarrased! I'm a new follower from the blog hop and can't wait to see more of your projects!
    Dani xx
    http://daniduffy-makeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too cute! I think yours turned out great! :)

    Found you on the iampisces blog hop...looking forward to reading your blog regularly!

    http://www.heavenhascupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved