Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

Today is the last day of two thousand and twelve. I distinctly remember new years eve of 2009, 2010, 2011. In 2009, The Husband fell asleep next to me in bed and said, "Wake me up before the ball drops." I woke him, we saw the ball drop, kissed each other, and he went back to bed.

In 2010, we were at my BIL's house, with M being 3 months old. For 2011, we were at my parents house. And now here we are, new years eve 2012.

Where does the time go?

For the past two years, 2010 and 2011, I lost someone dear to me. Thank the good Lord, in 2012, I didn't lose anyone and I am beyond blessed to continue to have my days filled with love and laughter with those closest to my heart.

I wanted to do a monthly recap of things that happened this year, but I decided against it.

Still, I want to look back on 2012 and say, That was a great year. I grew, and learned a lot, and saw M grow into a magnificent person that awes me every.single.day. She has grown leaps and bounds, and I am just so proud of the person she is. She is the reason I live and breathe.

The Husband and I had little arguments here and there, but we always came out on top. We always loved each other more afterwards, we always gave each other a hug and kiss before one of us had to leave the house, we always told the other how much we love each other. Because in this sweet life? Nothing is guaranteed.

I dealt with some changes in friendships. Being married with a child doesn't lend itself well to the lives of my girlfriends who are still single and ready to go to the bar on the weekend. My life has changed, infinitely for the better, so I'm not in the same place that I used to be. I've been included in the getting-together outings my girlfriends have, but actually going? Not happening when I have a sick toddler, or have been awake for three thousand hours. I don't think my girlfriends understand, and that's okay. I don't expect them to. If they ever have kids, or get married, they'll understand then.

I feel like I've learned some fundamental lessons about life in 2012.

1.) G-d, that big presence upstairs? He's always in control. I find it humorous how much so, actually. I prayed and prayed about something, for a loooooong while. I finally came to peace about all of it, too. And then? My prayer was answered. G-d works in mysterious ways.

2.) I don't believe in coincidence. Everything happens for a reason.

3.) When you think you can't? You can. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for.

4.) We are our own worst critic. And, that's not always a bad thing. It can make you be a better parent. A better spouse. A better person.

5.) Life will laugh at you when you have plans. It's better to be a go-with-the-flow type of person than an I-need-to-be-in-control-at-all-times type of person. I'm still working on this one.

Here's to a fabulous New Year filled with favorite memories, many blessings and enough love and laughter to last a lifetime.

Happy 2013, friends.

10 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with your list! It's so much easier to just go with the flow than try and force things to happen one way or another. And more importantly, it's best to accept things when they happen and the way they happen, because there isn't a darn thing you can do to change it! Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! (I completely understand your statement about single friends who dont understand. My husband and I have both been there.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list. All so true. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! May you have a fabulous 2013! Can't wait to read all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do no believe in coincidences either. And yep prayers are answered when you least expect it or in ways you never thought of. Happy New Year SEL! So glad I met you this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful thoughts! Thanks for sharing - I still struggle with being in control myself. Happy New Year to you and your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year my bloggie friend! I hope you have a fabulous 2013. I've enjoyed getting to know you via blog, and can't wait to read more! I agree with your list especially the first one. It's happened to me many times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you try to force something it will never come out the way you want it too. I totally agree with the "You are stronger than you give yourself credit for" point you made. It goes hand in hand with that You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option. Happy New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I don't believe in coincidence. Everything happens for a reason" - I wholeheartedly agree with this statement!

    So happy we became good friends in 2012. I'm thankful for YOU! Here's to an even better 2013!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved