Like, if you asked me right now, "Sel, are you happy in this moment?", I'd respond, "Yes, I'm very happy!" But I'm also wanting some things right now. Like a bigger living space, less migraines, warmer weather... But those are things that don't make or break my happiness right now because I choose to focus on what I do have to make me happy at the moment. I'm not always good at this, I'll admit. I'm a work in progress.
Today's confessions are about where you are in life right now: Are you heading in the direction you want? Are you where you want to be in life? How do you feel about your life right now? Are you happy with where you are currently? Do you want to make changes but feel "stuck"?
I bet there are others in your exact same spot right now.


I guess I'm happy. I just wish I felt more useful as a sahm. I do house chores all day, make dinner for when hubs gets home, then clean up dinner stuff. I just wish hubs would help more. I never saw myself as a sahm when I was younger. I'm still thankful for the blessings I have.
ReplyDeleteI'm getting happy. I have always wanted to be a fiction writer. I have always wanted to make up and write stories. I am just getting the fire in my fingers again and it feels amazing. I've been a SAHM for years so when I sit down "just to write" I used to feel terrible guilt, I'm over it. My husband get's to pursue his dreams. My kids are happy, read to, tons of tons to play with, well fed... the dishes can wait!
ReplyDelete2012 was a huge roller coast for me. Divorce, breaking up with the guy I had been seeing (three freaking times), the verge of a drinking problem...it was rough, with a few highlights thrown in between. This year, I am focused. I feel a deep sense of desire and direction inside that is about to overflow. I have a lot of work to do this year to reach my goals, but I am focused on what is important in this life, and I am HAPPY, not complacent, but happy with the direction I am headed!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy now! I had to make some fundamental changes within myself to get to the point I'm at, but it was all for the better. I'm a better wife, a better mom, a better person overall.
ReplyDelete2013 is going to be my year. I just know it.
I would say I'm relatively happy, but I truly strive to be content. Contentment is a whole other level than happiness. There are things that I want and have trouble being patient for.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy, but not. I wish I didn't have to be the one who worked to provide for our family mainly. Hubby works but it's not a well paying job. He stays with our daughter to help with not having to pay a day care since we cannot afford it. I also wish we had a house.
ReplyDeleteI'm not always happy but I am trying to be more positive about things. Hoping that makes me be happier from the inside out.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete