I try, every single day, to express to G-d my gratitude for my family and this beautiful life. Nothing is ever guaranteed and although I've been told it's morbid to constantly be cognizant of that, I actually consider it a blessing. I don't like being on bad terms with people I care about and I never, ever leave or let someone else leave my presence without me saying I love you.
Because as we all have heard and some may know, life can be taken in an instance. And I'd have regret in my heart the rest of my life if I didn't say I love you to someone I love because I was angry or upset or wasn't grateful for the time I had already been given with that person.
Anyway.
My gratitude list for this fabulous Thursday is:
my husband and daughter(s): there will never be enough words to express the meaning these people have in my life. My sweet M is the reason I live and love. My adorable husband is the reason I want to be better and have more for our family. He's an inspiration. My second daughter will give me reasons to be grateful, and I can't wait to find out what they are.
my parents/siblings/grandma/all family: you know those people in your life who just get you? Like, the people that simply see you and just know you're hiding a secret, or the people that want to be around you because your presence is enough? I'm lucky to call those people my family. No drama, no weird crazy people. Just individuals who genuinely enjoy being around one another and who love the others because they want to, not because they have to.
Romeo and Babe Ruth: I adore my two dogs. They were my kids before I had kids. And although I would never dare to say that they "prepared" me for taking care of a human baby, they definitely taught me how to be more selfless and loving and to give more attention to others.
G-d: I'm so blessed to have what I have, and to not have what isn't mine.
Cameras: I have so many memories to look back on because some genius decided he could make memories be physically documented. Awesomeness.
Blogging: I have met people through blogging that I wouldn't have even known existed if I didn't start documenting our lives online. And these people I'm talking about? Know me better than a lot of irl friends. I wouldn't be able to see what we did at a certain time if I wasn't part of this amazing community. Blogging is amazing.
Sunshine and Warmer Weather: I really wish I could be one of those, "but if we don't have winter we won't know the greatness of warm weather and spring!" type-of-person. Because then maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't be such a grouch during the long winter months when temperatures average around arctic weather and just walking outside makes me want to punch a polar bear. I could really do without the gray overcast days, too. The point is, I'm not one of the above mentioned people. I don't need to see my breath in the air and be bundled in flannel jammies by a fireplace to love warm weather and be appreciative of it. So, I'm grateful for warm weather. And sunshine. Period.
Chocolate: c'mon. You knew this one would be here.
Modern Life: modern conveniences, transportation, medicine, education, technology. We're a spoiled society. But I'm grateful for it.
What are you thankful for today?


I love this post! There really is so much to be thankful for. I need to do this for me at home to keep by my nightstand.
ReplyDelete"makes me want to punch a polar bear" HAHAHAH I'm dying...love this!
ReplyDeleteummm pretty sure you are one of my favorite reasons of blogging and even though this isn't my thankful thursday post can I just say I am super thankful for you and all our hilarious conversations. luhh you, and so happy that you have all these amazing things to be thankful for because you totally deserve it!
ReplyDeleteLoved reading these! I'm a warm weather girl too :)
ReplyDelete