Thursday, July 24, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Pasta

I was so hungry yesterday but couldn't find something that sounded delicious. So, I did what I've only done twice this year and searched my Pinterest board for a yummy recipe.

I came across a Buffalo Chicken Pasta recipe I pinned forever ago and decided to try it since I had all the ingredients already at home. Win-win.


Ingredients:
  • 1 pound penne
  • 1 1/2 t salt
  • 1 1/2 t pepper
  • 1 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 t Cajun seasoning (if you want spicier, use paprika)
  • 1 pound chicken, diced
  • 2 T oil
  • 1/2 c of broccoli
  • 1 c mayo 
  • 1/2 c ranch (use the good stuff here since it gives most of the flavor)
  • 3/4 c milk
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella or 1/2 cup blue cheese (optional, see note below)

Instructions:
  • While pasta is cooking according to package directions, season chicken with the spices. I used a Ziploc bag to shake it all up and to coat the chicken
  • Heat 1 T oil over med-high heat and cook chicken (about 5 minutes or so, until completely cooked through)
  • If you are adding broccoli to your dish: remove chicken from skillet, heat the other tablespoon of oil, add broccoli and cook for about 2 minutes. Then return chicken to the skillet.
  • Combine mayo, ranch, and milk and mix in a small bowl. It will be lumpy. This is where you can add a tablespoon of Frank’s hot sauce if you’d like your pasta spicier!
  • Add the sauce to the skillet with the chicken and broccoli. Cook a few minutes, until heated.
  • Pour sauce over prepared pasta and stir to combine.
  • Top with mozzarella or blue cheese crumbles if desired.

We didn't use any cheese, and the dish was pretty good.  The only thing I would change about the recipe is using a litttttllleee less ranch. My husband said it tasted great to him, but I wasn't a fan of the overwhelming ranch flavor.




0 comments:

Post a Comment



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved