Monday, May 23, 2011

There's a name for it!

Some of you who follow me on twitter have seen that I've written about not being able to sleep at night.

Although it's not as bad as it used to be (thank the Lord for that or I'd be in the looney bin by now for lack of extreme sleep), I know that it still could be better.

I have counted pigs goats dogs elephants sheep, I have counted to 346, and I have even just gotten up at 1:30 in the morning to do laundry & clean up around the house while hubs & baby are asleep. Insomnia?

No.

Momsomnia!!

I turned the tv on mid-week last week to the news channel to see what the weather would be like for the weekend.

That's when I heard it, then looked up and saw the word on the tv.

Momsomnia

It clicked.

The restlessness. The thoughts and ideas. The overwhelming tiredness but not being able to sleep at night.

It all made sense.

I'm a Mom. I have worries, concerns, feelings, blah blah blah. And it garnered a spot on the evening news!

I'm a Mom and I have Momsomnia.

The newest member to probably one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Best part? I'm honored to be a member (but only because I'm a Mom and frankly, there's nothing better to be.)

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved