M has been getting a cough off and on for the past few months. My asthma that was in remission for over 15 years started acting back up. I started getting sinus infections every few months.
Something's
Hubs' Dad came over back in Feb/March with a "friend" who was supposed to clean our vents. The friend took out out filter and while doing so, it cracked in half.
It was that disgusting/dirty/old. It was covered in what looked like a disease.
Skip forward four months. We were out of town, out of the country, busy with life. Everyone was fine. But as soon as we got back to the condo, M started coughing. And I just had a nagging feeling the air was affecting us. So? We got organized.
We called to have our furnace/vents/air filters/blah blah cleaned.
And?
The furnace had mold in it.
Cue the panic. The Husband has been breathing this crap in for five years.
I've been breathing this crap in for over a year. Whilst pregnant.
M has been breathing this crap in for nine months. her entire life she's been breathing in moldy air.
I could cry. And trust me, I did yesterday. I cried because I feel like a horrible mommy. M has been breathing in air that is moldy, dirty, filthy. I'm supposed to protect her.
Instead I subjected her to this stuff.
I'm sick to my stomach over it.
Just. Sick.
The mold was cleaned out and sanitized. The bill went from $39.99 to well over ten times that. But, it had to be done.
I just pray no permanent damage has happened to M's little lungs. Or B's.
I'm just horrified by the whole situation. :(
Go get your vents cleaned, y'all!


Don't e so hard on yourself. I'm sure they're both fine! My mom had her bathroom re-done last year and they had to replace a wall because of mold that had been there for years! My sisters and I are all fine, so I'm sure y'all are, too! :)
ReplyDelete