Hubs has been saying for a while now that he wants banana bread.
And by a while, I mean months.
We buy bananas to give the baby, but when some get super old, I throw them in the trash. I would always think of making the banana bread instead of
Today, we had three bananas that were passed their "baby approved" feeding time.
We spent the day at home and laughed and cleaned and kept busy. We went into the kitchen, all three of us, and as I was standing in front of the stove about ready to start dinner, hubs proposed the banana bread. again.
I looked at him and said, "okay. Let's make it."
So, we spent the next half hour making the "bread."

making our mise en place!

Hubs mashing bananas. Such a good helper. :) We used three ripe bananas!

My mixer that is my bff in the kitchen.

This picture is just to show that we (meaning me, myself and I) am quite messy in the kitchen. As a baker though, I've learned to embrace it.

2 cups flour, 1.5 tsps of baking powder. We were going to use baking soda, but since you can substitute baking powder for baking soda, we just added an extra half teaspoon of bp. Also mixed in here is a half tspn of salt.

In the blender goes the butter (unsalted, one whole stick) and a cup of sugar. Mix until it's a smooth creamy texture.

Next, add in the two eggs. Stir and then add in the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir just enough for the batter to mix all the flour. I used low-medium setting for about two minutes.
Hubs suggested we add chocolate. who am I to disagree. Hullllooohhh???
And as a baker, I am always prepared. I dug into my bakery stash and Presto! We have chocolate!
I have huge bags of chocolate morsels. All different kinds, even. But hubs wanted plain, so that's what we used.

I poured in about a fifth of a huge bag if morsels. I mixed the chocolate morsels in with a spatula. I was afraid the morsels would get stuck in the mixer.
I had a traditional bread pan to use, but once I saw how much batter we had, I knew I needed something bigger. So, I pulled out my 9" inch pan and it was the perfect size!

Our banana "bread" turned into banana "cake!" Yay big banana cake!

Of course, preset the oven to 325 degrees. We put the cake in for 52 minutes.... and this was the result:

Perfection!
My cake pan has a clip on the side so you just open it and the cake is free!

No hassle, no turning the cake upside down and dumping it out. It's perfect for experienced and non experienced bakers!

The inside...

Looks good right?



0 comments:
Post a Comment