Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rearranging

When I combined my stuff with hubs' stuff when we got married, there was a lot of, well stuff.

I had already lived on my own for three years and had my own furniture, way of organizing, decorations, etc.

I had already purchased/been given my stuff.

So when we got married, I brought some of my stuff over. And by "some", I mean boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes and I'll stop there.

But there was a lot. Being OCD about leaving things undone though, I had everything unpacked within three days of officially "moving in". That is, within three days of us getting married.

Awesome, right? Yes, it is.

I moved stuff each time I visited my parents, from their house to my new one. Each visit brought back more stuff. Hubs would ask where it all was coming from, and I'd just reply, "Oh, it's just a few more things."

And, thank the Lord, I have a forgiving and wanting-to-please-his-newlywed husband, so he let me fill his "house" with our "stuff".

Around August of last year, with baby girl's due date approaching in September, hubs finally agreed to put the nursery together. He chose a color for the walls that was supposed to be peach. It was actually baby pink. I LOVED IT. Hubs didn't want a pink room, but when he saw the color on the wall and how happy it made me, he decided the color wasn't so bad. ;) Hubs accented the nursery with a lilac color on a drop ceiling and the closet door.

We put all the furniture together. And by we, I mean I handed hubs a screw and the occasional directions, he did everything else. (and, thanks to my parents who bought us every single piece of furniture for the baby. EVERY piece!!)

The only thing in the room keeping it from being my dream nursery?

A desk. A dark wood/black desk that hubs purchased with his hard earned money back in 2009. It.is.huge.

It's so big, in fact, that in order to move it, you have to take it apart in three different pieces.

Oy.

Hubs didn't want to get rid of it, as he had already gotten rid of other furniture I was replacing with mine.

So we kept the desk.

It sat in the corner of the baby's room, unused as a "desk", but rather for papers, files, toy holder, stuffed animal holder... And it all looked organized, but we sat at the desk no more than a dozen times since last August.

I wanted to get rid of the desk, out of the room (or house, whichever happened first), but hubs refused.

Fast forward: We bought an amazing leather reclining couch on black Friday last year. Just because we wanted a more comfy couch.

It arrived in early January. We didn't know how to get rid of the red couch I brought with me and my "stuff" when we got married.

So, the red couch sat in the dining room. We have a huge dining room, so we still sat at the dinner table to eat. But it was stressful for me. It was taking up space, didn't look right sitting in the dining room, and made me feel anxious.

I don't care for disorganization.

And then last night happened. Hubs and baby were hanging out in the living room and it hit me. We could put the red couch diagonal to the leather one in the living room.

GENUIS!!!

Question is, why the hell did it take me SIX months to realize it could go there!?

We moved the big desk I despise into the corner of the dining room and? It doesn't look bad! We moved a matching red chair (to the couch) into the baby's room where we are going to put book shelves. Best part? I am finally getting the nursery I always wanted!! Which means sans desk!

I seriously feel like a humongous ginormous monstrous small weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

The clutter was stressing me out so.bad.

Yay for productivity and yay for husbands that are helpful!!

Rearranging the couch/desk/chair is only the beginning, y'all!

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved