Wednesday, August 24, 2011

M 11 Months

My Dearest M,

You are currently sleeping on my chest and I couldn't be happier.

Today, you are 11 months old. Meaning, no more "month" birthdays. Only "years". Truthfully, this makes me a little sad.

You're my baby and you're growing so fast!

You are the most fun loving, smiley, happy, beautiful baby in the whole entire universe.

You smile at everyone and Daddy and I are still told often, "What a happy baby!"

You are getting to be quite the speedy crawler! You get into everything. Like, every.thing.

But, this means you're where you need to be in life, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

You saw me crying tonight. I don't want you to see me sad, as I'm always smiling around you. You crawled over to me and tried to snuggle when you saw me cry. (Grandma B isn't doing well, and Memaw had just told me I need to say my Goodbye's. I'm so so sad.)

You're empathetic, which is a remarkable feature for such a little person! You love people and squeel when you see Daddy or I, or Memaw, Pop-pop or Great Grandma. You made Memaw's heart melt the other day when you saw her from across the room and squeeled, then speed crawling to her. Memaw was beaming with happiness!

Tonight, Daddy and I packed your newborn/0-3 mo socks away. Your feet are growing. :)

We also packed away your 0-3 mo long sleeved nighty shirts that have become 3/4 sleeve shirts on you. The shirts and socks were pretty much the last remnants of you being my teeny tiny baby. My heart may have ached a little.

You still wear size 4 diapers and wear shirts from 6-9 mo or 9-12 mo. You still take your bows out of your hair but you try to put them back in, too!! Simply adorable!

You put toys back in their holders. It's amazing to watch. Everyday you do something different and I'm in complete awe!

I'm so proud of you, M!!

When you see or hear any telephone, even if it's on tv, you say "hell-ahh?". It's the cutest thing ever!

You said "momma" ALL DAY yesterday, which was my birthday, and that made my heart so so so so happy. Did I mention it made my heart happy? Cause um, it did. :)

You pick up the tv remote and face it at the tv and try to press buttons.

You have made changing your diaper an Olympic event at times.

You thankfully love food and love grown up food. You are amazing.

You blow kisses to everyone.

You laugh all the time and only complain when you are SUPER hungry or SUPER tired.

Speaking of tired, you started around Saturday (8/20) of wanting to go to bed earlier. So now we try to have you in bed by 8 pm, instead of by 8:30.

You're a pro at drinking from all types of sippy cups.

You drink plain water now but I prefer to give you flavored water.

You drink 3 bottles a day of around 6-8 oz each bottle. You're not a big drinker or eater but I offer you snacks/food/water often. Your formula bottles are morning when you wake up, afternoon (between 3:30-5pm) and nighttime, around 8.

You love everybody and share your toys very well! You don't mind if one of your cousins takes your toy. You're a great sport about it!

Your favorite toys are anything you can get yours hands on. And your pink monkey. You love it and drag it around the whole house with you! If you start moving and realize it's not in your hand, you'll go back and get it, and then move forward again! Ha!

You love to joke and play and cuddle! You love Romeo and Babe Ruth and let them lick you and you'll throw your food to them from your highchair at Memaw and Pop-pop's house. You will even crawl to them to pull their paws, ears, fry... Good thing they love you! They just move away. Haha!

You are a happy baby when you wake up and I love it!!

You make every day worth living for and I can't wait to be with you every step of the way in life!

I love you, sunshine!! My sweet girl!!

Love, Mommy


xo

1 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, she is growing so much! It does not seem like almost a year has gone by already! She is maturing into such an amazing little girl, and it's obvious that you are doing a fantastic job raising her! I can only hope to do as great of a job you are when Matt and I decide to have kids

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved