Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I feel the Earth move, under my feet...

I posted the first half of my birthday story yesterday, and within an extremely short time we had an earthquake.

I've had to take cover from hurricanes, been through horrible rainstorms. And now an earthquake.

Cool.

I was sitting on one of the two couches in our living room, M in front of me on the floor. Hubs was behind the other couch putting together my dresser. I couldn't see him.

I thought he was dragging heavy stuff around (while sitting) so I didn't say anything at first.

Then I thought he was pushing the couch because it started to move.

I looked back at M and saw her shaking up and down. She looked at me like, "why the hell am I bouncing up and down, Ma?!

Hubs and I stood up at the same time and said, "What is that?"

We started to hear things falling off the walls and I scooped M up and we bolted out the door. We saw our neighbors running outside too.

Then it stopped.

As someone that lives so close to DC, we first thought it was another terrorist attack.

We started reading reports on our phones of a 5.9 earthquake with an epicenter 40 miles from us.

scary

We couldn't make calls because the lines were jammed. Texts were working so we texted everyone! everyone!!

We hung outside for a while and then commenced getting ready for my birthday dinner.

My parents are currently in Jersey visiting my Grandma who isn't doing so well health-wise right now. So we picked up my other Grandma and we met my brother and nephew for dinner at Outback. Yummy.

We then caravanned over to my sisters house for birthday cake.

Carvel say whaaaaaaat!! Double yummy!

I got a gorgeous bracelet from my sis & family! Evil eye bracelet to ward off evil. Love it!!


(pardon the bad pic of it. Camera isn't close by. Ha!)

I had such an awesome day with my family. Hubs and M spoiled me. My family, as always, showed me so much love!

Best part? I got baby snuggles at the end of the day and M was saying "Momma" all.day.long. Yay!




Happy Birthday to me!


xo

1 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a nice day (minus the earthquake, of course)!

    I was on the 20th floor of our state building and terrorist attack was actually the first thing I thought of, too! Definitely scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved