Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Birthday Recap

I wanted the colors of the party to reflect a bright, happy theme. So I chose foods light in color. Yellows, light oranges, and so on.

As main food, we ordered subway platters. The people at our local subway know me from going there every other week often so they hooked me up with a discount. Three platters later and the main lunch is ordered.

The sides took a little longer to think of. Staying with the light food color and yellow theme, we had

•deviled eggs my Mom made that everyone raved about
•chicken nuggets
•pasta salad hubs Mom made
•chips (with orange salsa)
•goldfish
•rainbow kabobs




We had for desert:
•yellow cake pops I made (first time!)
•yellow iced chocolate cupcakes made by yours truly
•vanilla cheesecake birthday cake








For drinks I put labels on the water bottles that said "M's sunshine water". We also had old-style coke bottles in a yellow summery type of bin with ice. For kids we offered orange juice an apple juice bottles along with capri sun.





I made labels for every.single.thing. on the tables.

The goodie bags had all sunshine/smiley face themed items inside. A yellow bouncy ball, smiley-face sunglasses, and 8 other items with a smiley face on it! All in a yellow bag with a tag that said, "Thanks for brightening my day! Love, M". I refuse to give candy away in goodie bags at M's parties. Give extra sugar? No. Deal with possible allergy issues? No thanks. I steered clear and went the all toy route.

The bags turned out so well!

I made the happy birthday banner and monthly photo banner.

We also had a frame for everyone to sign! I am so so so glad I thought of doing this for M. She now has something from everyone that attended her party!

We had a sunflower ballon hubs picked up for M that is FIVE feet tall, a few sun balloons and complimenting-colored latex balloons.

Everyone loved the decor and someone actually suggested I become an interior designer. Ha! (little does he know it's been an idea of mine for years.. Behind teaching and being a Mommy!)

I'll add more pictures shortly! I have about two hundred more pictures to sort through!

1 comments:



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved