Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rag wreath Tutorial

Since I make so many different kinds of wreaths (I'll devote another post to those!), I figured I'd try to make a ribbon wreath, inspired my pinterest.

Holy time consuming, batman!

I spent a bajillion hours on this wreath. It was fun, yes. But tiring. And I thought I bought enough ribbon to make it, initially. I mean, since when is 14 spools of 3-5 yards each not enough?

This time it wasn't enough.

I had to go back to the store to buy ribbon. Lots more ribbon.

I added a bow and miniature ornaments to help it "shine", if you will. I love the end result!

Supplies needed:
•18" wire wreath
•ribbon. LOTS OF RIBBON. I bought over 20 spools, of about 11 different designs. All but two spools were 1/2" to 1" wide. Next time, I'll try to buy 2" wide ribbon.
•scissors
•hot glue for the miniature ornaments
•miniature ornaments (one small bag)
•big bow
•lots of free time








First, I cut up all of the ribbon, ranging in length from 4-6 inches.







Then, I knotted away!







I'd start on the outer wired circle (there are four wires), and do that entire row. Then I'd move to the next inner circle, and so on.






Thus far, I worked on the wreath for four hours.

And we continue...













The above picture was after 8 hours! I'm a perfectionist and didn't want a single piece of wire showing.

Next, I added a bow and made it slightly off centered.







Then I hot glued miniature ornaments onto the wreath. Hard to tell in this picture but you can see a few.













And, viola! A Christmas ribbon wreath!





1 comments:

  1. Love this!!! I'm going to have to find the time to make one..... I just love them. :)

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved