Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall wreath tutorial

I often make wreaths for friends and we definitely have one for every holiday and season at our house.

When I had the opportunity to make a fall wreath for Gina, I figured I'd show how to make the wreath, a la this tutorial.

Supplies needed:
•I'm a fan of bigger wreaths, so I used an 18" wreath
•hot glue
•fake flowers (I used about a dozen)
•monogram letter
•bow that matches the color scheme

Gina gave me the opportunity to do whatever I wanted with the wreath.

I chose a simple wood stick wreath as the frame. I knew the color scheme I was going for and knew the center flower I wanted as the focal point to draw the eye in.

I used a sunflower and placed it on the wreath.




It doesn't matter where you put the initial flower because you can rotate the wreath. I used hot glue to keep the flowers in place.




Slowly, I placed different colored flowers around the main focal point. I made the sunflower slightly off to the side.




Next, I added a big ribbon to the top of the wreath by tying it on and then hot glued it for added measure.




I then tied a ribbon (again in matching colors) to the wreath, underneath the big bow. I added the monogram letter to the ribbon.

The last step was to add a small ribbon in the back of the wreath to hang up on the door. And, viola!




And one more...




3 comments:

  1. So cute. I did a class at a local flower shop a few years ago where we made an autumn wreath and I loved it ... but I don't think I'd be very good at it without someone telling me exactly where to place each piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to make one of these. But can you do a bow tying tutorial????? I can't make bows!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved