So we knew this Fall would be packed with family outings.
There are a lot of fun pumpkin patches in our area, but the best one is about 20 minutes away.
Yesterday was clear skies, 75 degrees and perfect for a trip outside.
It's a little pricey, but kids under 2 are free. You get a "free" pumpkin at the end. We bought apple cider and it is DELISH. My first time ever trying it and I loved it.
I also tried nachos with chili and cheese for the first time. Yummy!
There were animals to see..

I think Miss Piggy is pregnant. She's HA-UUUUGEE. I don't eat pork so I had no clue how big these animals are. Holy moly!

Lambs. Preeeeetty.

There were two horses. This one came to us. The other walked away. They're branded on their hind quarters. I hate seeing things like that. I can't imagine it feels pleasant.
Anyway. I love horses. They're quite majestic creatures. I even rode them when I was younger. However, I'm HORRIFIED of them. Maybe because they have big teeth? Or because they're so big? Oh, or maybe it's because they're unpredictable sometimes and one swift kick to any-part-of-your-body will hurt like ish and possibly paralyze you. NO THANKS. Moving on.

If you said "ohh a llama!" like I did when I saw this, you'd be wrong too. Sorry friend. This is an alpaca. Hubs has told me all about these creatures since Bolivia has them. They're really cute and I've wanted an alpaca farm for yearssss. We'll see if I ever get one. There was an off-white alpaca too but he (she?!) scurried along after scratching it's back in the dirt in front of us. I took a picture of a sign in front of the animals that said, "Hi! We're Equinox and Quincy. We're ALPACAS. DON'T call us llamas!" The picture is on my camera and of course, my camera died halfway through our trip.

Mooooo. When I asked M, "What does a cow say?" she immediately responded, "whoooooo!!" Close enough!
Another lesson learned on this trip: cows are ginormous. And I was surprised by how docile this girl cow was. Kids kept petting her face and a few almost pokes her eyeball, while she was eating. The cows reaction? She just stared at the kids! This cow is definitely more calm than I am.
And now I'll inundate you with pictures.

I couldn't get her head and body in one shot, she was that big! I pet her side and her skin (fur!?) is so soft. Then I realized people make rugs and clothing out of cow skin (fur!?) and I got sad inside. Animals are our friends, people!
Also? She had milk randomly shooting out of her udders.
Moving on.

Babies! Baby calves, to be exact.

Your truly as a moo moo.


You could pick apples and eat them right on the spot!
So, someone took advantage of that. Not naming names or anything... child of mine.


Massive gigantic pumpkins and other fall foods.

Caramel apples.
And in case you were wondering, yes, I matched M's outfit. I wore a black tank with orange cardi. I have to match her while she let's me. :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment