Friday, October 14, 2011

Such a long week

It's Friday. Honestly? It doesn't feel like it. This past week feels like it's been the longest.week.ever. Like, every day this week was a Monday or Tuesday. That kind of week.



I've never had a week like this in my life. You'd think I'd be happy to see Friday, but I don't even care. I'm that tired and blah. I'm sure the constant rain the past two days hasn't helped me feel this way.

This week, the following happened:

Monday
•M suddenly has a stomach virus. Diaper changes every 45 minutes. My poor baby!!
•Drive M and I super early to the car dealership to get a scheduled "check up" for the car. We get there only to be told the "one hour wait" is actually more than a "three hour wait"
•I start having sinus issues and feel super congested
•some small metal pieces were left on the floor after the recessed lighting installation. As I'm sweeping the floor, I look at M and her left knee has a huge bloody scrape on it. Still no idea what happened but I think it's mostly a superficial wound. Mom fail.
•I cut a chunk of skin off the top of my left pointer finger knuckle when my hand slipped and rammed itself into a shelf in the fridge. Takes talent, I tell ya.

Tuesday
•we try the check-up on the car again. 45 min wait increased to an hour and a half
•at said check-up, because M isn't feeling well, she constantly wanted to be moving around. She squealed once in pain and about 15 people in the waiting room gave me the evil eye because my child made a "noise". I've never had that situation happen before.
•Hubs had necessary errands to run after work so he didn't get home until 6. He's usually hole by 4:30. It doesn't seem like a big deal until you realize M had been in my arms for 90% of the day and we both weren't feeling well.
•I can't bend my pointer finger with the chunk of skin taken off
•M is super clingy, complains when I sit her down anywhere. Still fighting her stomach bug. I start panicking about dehydration


Wednesday
•hubs gets home at 7. Only a few hours to enjoy his company
•take M to the doc and he says it is in fact, a tummy bug, but she's a happy baby so she's not dehydrated. She lost about a pound in weight. The doctor then talked to me about other things. I left in tears
•slept 5 hours, thanks to momsomnia
•sinuses bothering me
•still having trouble bending my pointer finger
•M is still very clingy and won't let me put her down
•baaaaad headache all day
•Other than the doctor trip, we stayed home all day

Thursday
•M starting to feel better (Thank
•Momsomnia at an all time high. I slept 3.5 hours the previous night
•my sinuses are still killing me
•I can slightly bend my finger now, but I never realized how many "things" touch your knuckles every day. The scab is constantly getting hit by something
•M and I ran a bajillion lot of errands.
•started prep work for a huge wedding cake I'm making for Saturday
•had a horrible experience at Costco that I couldn't shake the rest of the day



Friday
•I wanted to go shopping but it's raining. Again.

On the bright side, we have a fun weekend ahead! A friends wedding tomorrow and the pumpkin patch on Sunday. Looking at the weather forecast makes me think I have a brighter week ahead.




2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your week, friend!! The doctor made you cry?! Not cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does seem like a long week! Hope the fun weekend makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved