Hubs' brother called us early Sunday morning a week ago (isn't 10:30 early for everyone on a Sunday?) and asked us if we wanted to go to a Pumpkin Patch with them. We promptly cancelled our plans to watch football with friends and off we went!
We drove over an hour through our beautiful state to get to the place. I'm POSITIVE I live in the most gorgeous state, so I love long drives that include scenic routes.
As soon as we went through the first gate, I saw a black hen.

I'm used to seeing the ones from picture books, like below:

The turkey that was yelling at hubs. Hubs yelled back. They yelled/gobbled at each other again. The turkey won, I ran away.

Average sized donkeys..

and Mammoth Donkey! No, literally.



This guy is ha-uge! And? So.freaking.cute!! I fed him too! He tickled my hand but he was so gentle.
Baby piggies! I wanted to take one home to play with. Hubs vetoed it.

Emu's can't fly so they learned to run really fast. Here's one sitting down:

And standing, he's my height!! I'm 5'4"! Eek!


Bambi! Such sweet animals! I hate that people hunt! Anyway, there were hens walking all around the deer. I never would have thought that these two animals would be next to each other, so closely. But they were, and paid no attention to each other. Humans should be able to get along as well as well as these two animals do.


Alpacas! And a baby, too! These animals can spit far when they want to. But these alpacas were calm and relaxed.

Next we saw Aldabra Giant Tortoises. I've always loved tortoises and turtles so I was sp excited to see some! These Tortoises are so slow and huge, yet calm and content.


The turtle above? He weighs a cool 550 pounds give or take a few pounds and is 85 years young.

He started walking up to his friend, a misses, who was a few feet in front of us. I have video of it but I can't figure out how to upload a video to blogger. Another time. :)

The lady companion on the right is 35 years young and weighs a modest 200 pounds.
Once the boy caught up to his friend, the girl moved away about 10 feet. The boy then followed her there, too. So sweet!

The shells are hard but so beautiful! This is the boys shell. People were petting him and scratching him under his neck.

Truth: The Coatamundi is not a pretty animal.


Moooo. Even with his horns, this bull knew how to maneuver his head through the fence and didn't get stuck once.


I'd never heard of s Scottish Highlander, but I wanted to take him home too.


The Nilgai is so pretty!


Baby animals...




The petting zoo animals...





The Gibbons was doing Olympic style swinging. Impressive.


And his cellmate:

See the "waves" in the water? That's actually fish, swimming next to ducks, scrambling to get food.


We went on a hayride, drank cider and had a blast! Hubs and M even went on a slide!


Everyone had fun!
And as always, the ride home was stunning.



glad you had good time! The baby pigs are ADORABLE I would have wanted to take one home too haha:)
ReplyDelete