Last year, hubs and I were so excited because we were celebrating our first Thanksgiving as a married couple and with our precious baby! M was two months old and ready to celebrate!
A week and a half before Thanksgiving, though, the only Grandpa I had, passed away. My siblings and I gathered at my sisters house and we shared memories.
One of my nephews was sick, unbeknownst to us all, and a few days later, came down with the sickies. He played with M, and what do you know, M got her first cold. :(
The doctor said we could take M over to our families' houses for Turkey Day, but we didn't want to subject others to the sickies and, G-dforbid anyone else was sick, subject M to more germs.
So, our grand ideas of a huge Turkey Day with our families? Turned into staying at home, the three of us hanging out in bed, skyping with my sister/fam who had everybody over.
A few weeks later, hubs and I were shopping and found Thanksgiving outfits on sale. We bought one for M to wear this year. (I can't believe the time has come for her to wear it!!!)
So? We've been looking forward to Thanksgiving this year to make up for our absence last year.
So, my thankful list for Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday:
•that everyone is healthy (knock on wood!)
•that everyone is happy
•that we, family and friends, help each other and support one another
•sleep
•that the weather is supposed to be beautiful from Thanksgiving on through the weekend
•that we can afford to throw a huge feast
•that I have my handsome hubby and beautiful
•that family from Jersey is coming down to celebrate
•that there are selfless men and women fighting for me at this very moment, who are willing to be without their families on Thanksgiving, so that I may be with mine.
I could go on and on, but I'll stop here. Happy Turkey Day to those near and far!


0 comments:
Post a Comment