Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Victoria's...

Secret isn't so secret anymore. Whilst perusing the news yesterday, I came across this articleand was saddened.

The models have phenomenal bodies, but not even letting them drink before the show?

For someone who has dealt with body image and food issues, I find articles like this so discouraging towards women.

I have a daughter. I don't want her growing up in a world where Victoria's Secret models are looked up to. The lengths the ladies go to in order to be on the runway is ridiculous.

I'm all for being healthy. I used to work out for two hours every.single.day and drink water like it was going out of style.

But I did it for myself, to be healthy. Not for a show and certainly not through unhealthy means.

When are women going to be accepted for what they look like, regardless of shape or size?

We have a long way to go.






2 comments:



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved