Monday, December 19, 2011

High Heel Hangover

After I was at a holiday party over the weekend, my feet were aching. Badly.

Standing around some, dancing some, sitting down and getting up some... Three hours of that will take a toll on your feet when you're wearing 4" heels.

By the end of the night, I was carrying my heels in one hand, holding hubs' hand in the other. The cold ground felt so good on my tired achey feet.

I decided to fetch Dr. Google and see what he says about my achey-feet-due-to-adorably-cute-4"-heels.

The prognosis?

High Heel Hangover

Not only is it an actual term, but it's overly simplistic description makes total sense. My feet? Are hungover.

SEL:0 Life: 1

The description of HHH can include achey/sore toes (check), bunions (no, thank goodness), blisters (on my heel, go figure!), and sore feet (duh!)

The problem is that we have more holiday parties to attend and frankly, my shoes are just too cute to pass up.

So, my feet are suffering from a hangover but I want to voluntarily inflict more pain upon myself and wear my cute pumps again. Now what?

*Sources from Dr. Google say to take five minutes for every hour you're on your feet to do a toe-and-foot stretch. I did the stretch and it seemed to help a little. (Dr. Google informed me that constantly wearing high heels can shorten your calf muscles by 13%! Also? Constantly wearing heels takes a toll on your posture and arches in your feet!) Scary!

*Don't wear heels everyday. Try to wear cute flats some days to give your feet a rest.

*If you can tolerate it, put your feet on some ice. (like in a bag, obviously). Or the less painful approach is to have a very cold bottle and just roll your foot over it. The coolness helps alleviate the achey pains.

I think it's safe to say any holiday shopping this week will be done in my flats.




5 comments:

  1. I am wearing 4" heels with 1" platforms today :) I need to get some pants hemmed so I can wear cute flats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't do heels a lot either. Typically 2-3 times a week, more often in the winter because I can tolerate my boot's heel.

    The flats have gotten so cute that it's easier to dress them up, but sometimes a heel is where it's at :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I must have HHA - high heel addiction! I wear 4" heels every day and own 1 pair of flats, which are made of rubber for rainy days. Here are my secret weapons:

    http://www.amazon.com/Band-Aid-Activ-Flex-Blister-Block-Stick/dp/B00166FZBG

    http://www.amazon.com/Tip-Toes-Slvr-Btrcup-Triple-Pack/dp/B0011FTR52/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1324439450&sr=1-2

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was me, don't know why it says unknown! :)

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved