Thursday, December 15, 2011

Miska Mouska

As I'm not a big tv person, I never turned the tv on much.

I'd hear some parents say, "Thank G-d for the tv, I was able to get ABC done for XYZ minutes."

That was never me. If it worked for other parents? Great. It just wasn't something I did or wanted to do.

I don't recall turning the tv on for M even one time.

Until she turned one. And everything changed.

M was all over the place. She was in the living room, dining room, her bedroom, our bedroom, guest room, play room, kitchen, omg you name it every room, playing with every book or toy, being a happy and healthy toddler.

Which I'm so grateful for. But I figured at a year old, she could sit for a few minutes and watch some tv. I just wanted to sit with her on the floor. Just sit.

In one place.

I turned on the tv. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was on.

And there's been no turning back.

"Miii!!!," (short for Mickey, as they're on a first name basis) and M points to the tv when it's on. M has made friends, and they come in the form of mice, a dog, ducks and a cow.

And? I'm okay with M sitting, watching a little Miiiii and drinking her milk. It allows her to relax and allows me to rest get her breakfast ready in a decent amount of time.

Thank G-d for Miska Mouska.

Oh, Toodles!


2 comments:

  1. I still haven't found a show that G will watch. Bubble Guppies will hold his attention the longest, which is about 15 seconds. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there's anything wrong with watching tv - as long as it's not ALL day! We love sitting and watching movies together!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved