This time last year, I was saying, "I don't think 2011 can beat 2010."
And, it didn't. I married my best friend in 2010. I had my first child in 2010.
I also lost my Grandpa in November of 2010.
In 2011, I lost my Grandma B in September.
But we threw my parents a surprise joint 60th birthday party in November.
We had a You Are My Sunshine 1st Birthday party for my sweet girl.
Hubs and I celebrated our first anniversary.
So there were some definite ups.
And as always, some downs.
But without the downs, you don't always appreciate the ups.
And I'm not one of those people that needs a new year to say, "I have resolutions! I'm going to start them now!" because I feel you can start resolutions at any time. A new year is just that, a new year. Not a defining all-or-nothing moment when you either start anew or not.
There's no time like the present to be a better person, to play whatever role in this beautiful life you have.
So, here's to 2012.
Happy New Year, friends.


I like this post and what you said about resolutions!! I hope your 2012 is amazing :)
ReplyDeleteI hope 2012 is great!
ReplyDelete