Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years




It probably helps me be a better History teacher, but I'm good with remembering dates. And what happened on those dates.

But holidays are usually memorable, so those aren't hard to remember anyway.

So, let's recap my last few New Years.

2005-2006: spent with friend Lauren
2006-2007: went to Times Square with my bff KJ
*I highly recommend every single person do this at some point in your life. SO.MUCH.FUN. I wanted to add some amazing pictured I took but of course! Photobucket doesn't want to cooperate.
2007-2008: stayed home with hubs and ordered Afghan food
2008-2009: hubs and I went to a friends party
2009-2010: hung out with my parents at home
2010-2011: M's first New Years! We went to hubs' brothers house
2011-2012: spent a relaxing evening at my parents house with Outback dinner.

Can you tell we're big partiers? Actually, hubs and I had our fun when we were younger and are perfectly content staying in and being geriatric during New Years.

It's one of my favorite "holidays" though. There's nothing to be sad about, ya know?

Champagne, bubbly, laughing, smiles, food, celebrating, loved ones, happiness.

It's just as good a time as any to look around and count your blessings.

So, here's to 2012.

1 comments:

  1. Bahahahaha! I prefer to be geriatric as well! :)

    I told M you'd done the Times Square thing. Not sure I could do it, though. Big crowds make me nervous and claustrophobic!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved