Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful Thursdays





I'm tired because M hasn't been sleeping very well the past few nights. But I'm so grateful we have a roof over our heads and warm beds to sleep in. Even better to be grateful for: that I have a happy and healthy child to keep me awake.

I'm achey because I pushed myself harder than ever before on my run the other day. But I'm so grateful I have a body that is able.

I complain sometimes that I have "nothing to wear". But I'm so grateful that in reality, I have plenty of clothes to cover me.

I want more time to be able to read books. But I'm so grateful that my parents and teachers took the time and gave me the ability to read.

I don't make time to go to the doctor or dentist like I used to. But I'm so grateful I have access to medical care and that in an emergency, I can be helped.

I've told some people I would love to live overseas at some point. But I'm so grateful I was born, and still live in, the land of the free.

I want to take a vacation with hubs and M, to relax. But I'm so grateful hubs has a job that we have to work around.

I may have commented to hubs about my new body shape, post baby, and cried once. But I'm so grateful I can accept a new form, and that hubs loves me any way I look.

I sometimes tell my doggies, Romeo and Babe Ruth, to step aside so I can focus on M. But I'm so grateful for them. They were my children before M was, and the happiness they've brought into my and my family's life is immeasurable.

I miss my Grandparents more and more every day, and the pain of losing them has not subsided. But I am so grateful I knew them. That I knew their stories. That they were my grandparents to love, care for, know, and now, miss terribly.

I think often about my two students that died. Both in car accidents, two years apart. I am so grateful I knew these two teenagers and that I was very close with both of them. And although I was their teacher, I strongly believe I learned more from them than they did from me.

There is always something to be grateful for.


3 comments:

  1. Such a good post! There really is always something to be grateful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, always! I try to always have a positive attitude because things could always be worse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, my friend! I'm grateful for YOU and your thoughtfulness and kindness! xo

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved