Hubs and I have been going to the gym to run on the treadmill. If you know me in person, your jaw is probably on the floor. For someone that is extremely passionate about working out, and exercising two hours a day pre-baby, I'd been on a treadmill maybe twice? At most.
Both times, I fell over the moment I stepped off the treadmill. Grace is not my forte, apparently.
But the half-marathon is in March and I have to train. I'd take M for a run in the stroller, but it gets into the twenties here during the day sometimes (for a high) right now and I'm not subjecting M to that every single day. Plus, the few times I went for solo runs outside, I came back home with frozen ears, face, hands, toes....
So, the treadmill was looking like my bff.
I can now go 5x as long running as I could when I first started running in early December. (I actually started in October but hard-core everyday/every other day running) began in December.
I lost one pound after December's intense running. I was a little bummed, because I thought I'd lose more in that short time. But then I saw this picture, and realized the truth in it. So, I'm okay with a 1 lb loss. Or 1 lb gain.

The scale can remain the same for months at a time, but you're still dropping pant sizes. And gaining muscle mass. And, we all know that muscle weighs more than fat.
For the half marathon, my goal is to run the 13.1 miles straight. I know I can do it. At some point. For my first half, I think I'm going to make it about just finishing the race with a goal time.
But running? It's hard. And my knees hurt so badly just walking outside sometimes. I had no idea the beating your body takes from running.
In all honesty? It's kind of brutal.
But I've met two of my amazing cheerleaders from the interwebs, Rosalyn and Lindsey, who I bombard with emails and texts and tweets and blah blah. I'm hoping I'll make them proud. And you all too.
And myself.


You look amazing! And it sounds like you're doing a great job with your training!
ReplyDeleteThis is a picture my friend posted. Unfortunatey, it's not me. Ha! But thank you for your kind words!
DeleteI fall off the treadmill all the time. Are you not lifting or doing crunches or anything else? That's amazing that your body got so toned!!
ReplyDeleteIt's a picture my friend let me post of her. Sorry I didn't make that clear. But yes, I do body pump and an abs class as well! I still don't look as good as my friend though. Ha.
ReplyDeleteI got discouraged today when I hadn't lost any weight this week but had been working out... I put on a pair of jeans after that though and they fit me better than the last time I wore them (I had been in work clothes all week prior to this) so that made me feel better. You are totally right, the scale can be the same and you can still transform your body! Just got to keep reminding ourselves of that!!
ReplyDelete