Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Momsomnia, Round 2

Before I had M, I rarely woke up in the middle of the night and stayed awake. Maybe I'd wake up for fleeting moment as I turned over. But stayed awake? Nope.

But now? Now sleep hates me. You'd think I'd be asleep in .863 seconds flat with how tired I am every.single.day.

But no. No sleep. M goes to bed by 8:15 pm. And like last week on Wednesday night, I wanted to crash in bed. But I couldn't. My body wouldn't let me. So I just laid there. And tossed and turned. I woke up at 2:45 and finally fell back asleep at, are you ready? 5:45 am. Guess what time hubs' alarm clock goes off and I get up at? You guessed it. 6 am.

And the same thing happened last Tuesday night. I was up from 2:30-4:30 am. Listening to my husbands sweet breaths. Looking at M on the monitor. Having my brain work faster than it should.

Of course Thursday night I crashed because I was that exhausted. I went to bed at 9:45 pm and woke up at 9 am!

But I need something more consistent.

I'm tired. I just want to sleep. But I can't. Any tips to help?




3 comments:

  1. Try to go to bed at the same time every night, also try reading before bedtime. It will help you decompress and often will settle (or at least distract) your tired brain.

    Good luck! Running on little sleep is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same thing, try to read a little. It always helps me when I am struggling to fall back to sleep. H

    Hope you start getting a better nights sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you're having trouble sleeping :( Not sure what to tell you - this is definitely not a problem for me!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved