Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Weekend Run

This past weekend was, um, different. For three different reasons, two of which I'll discuss another time.

But, I ran for the first time outdoors on Saturday (and went again Sunday too) and it felt so.freaking.good to do so. I need to do it more to prepare myself for the half in 7 weeks.

7 weeks.

I'm kinda sorta who am I kidding, totally freaking out over it being only seven weeks away.

That's less than two months.

I know I'll be ready when it's finally here. But I want to be ready now. I'm impatient like that, what can I say.

But I'm getting nervous.

The person I signed up with, and who I was doing the half with, had to back out.

So, now I'm doing my first half marathon by myself. Which I didn't expect. Or want.

And I got scared initially when I found out I have to do the race alone, but I have some fabulous cheerleaders and I know I can rely on myself to finish the race.

I'll find out just how strong I really am.

3 comments:

  1. Only 7 weeks! So exciting! You can do it girl! Just make sure you have some good running music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you and proud of you. I know that has to be intimidating but you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to be AWESOME! And glad you enjoyed running outside!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved