But I've gained some great knowledge from some of them and want to pass the info on.
You can thank me later. I kid, I kid.
•you know those annoying stickers on books that, when you finally get them off, leave residue? If you use a hair dryer, blow the hot air directly over the sticker. The adhesive gets soft and you can take it right off.
•if you drop a penny into a vase and add a pinch of sugar, your flowers will stay perky longer.
•cranberries contain lots of polyphenols, which help ward off gum problems, heart disease and bacteria responsible for stomach ulcers.
•"partially hydrogenated" means trans-fat is in the food - enough amount of this can lead to a 48% higher chance of developing depression
•new contacts, called toric lenses, are now available for contact users like yours truly, who have an astigmatism (blurry vision caused by an abnormally curved cornea)
•if you want soft skin, apply lotion at night and apply a lotion that contains lactic acid or urea. They exfoliate AND hydrate. Booya.
•My Grandma has always done this, but to avoid bed-head, sleep on a satin pillowcase
•after slicing onions or mincing garlic, neutralize your stinky hands by rubbing your fingers on a stainless steel spoon under running water.


I love random tidbits like this! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletethe 2 I have tried recently thanks to pinterest are:
place a wooden spoon over a pot of water on the stovetop to keep the water from boiling over AND place a match in between your teeth (unlit) while slicing an onion to prevent crying.
Interesting stuff! I like the satin pillow idea!
ReplyDeletecute tips! I have to get a satin pillow. Have a good day.
ReplyDelete