Tuesday, February 21, 2012

9 miles

I only ran outside one other time, one day running, the other walking. So, when I had planned for this past weekend to do a 9 miler, outside, I knew it'd be a different run.

And?

I loved it.

I loved being outside. I loved seeing hubs and M at one end of the track running around with a ball, talking to other parents and kids, playing, living.

My training is so much easier when my loves are around.

I ran on a track for the run and thank G-d I did. The back side of my knees made walking on Sunday a bit challenging. If I ran on hills and such? I probably wouldn't have been able to walk.

Seriously.

I did the 9 miles in my goal time and I have to say, it may be a horrible goal for others, but for me? I'm happy. I am not a natural runner. I probably look like some archaic bird that doesn't remember how to fly, as I run. But, run I did. And I finished.

I decided that since I didn't want to feel like I was dying going to faint again, I'd change some things. On Friday, I made sure to drink at least four glasses of water (I usually drink maybe two glasses a day. Total intake. Bad, I know.)

Saturday morning, I had a wheat bagel with lite cream cheese and a third of a banana. I wanted to do the peanut butter trick too, but I forgot.

I drank about 40 oz of Gatorade during the run and ate sports beans at mile 1 and mile 5. Within 25 minutes of the run, the three of us were at subway, me
stuffing my face eating a steak and lettuce sub.

Yum.

I drank only Gatorade the rest of the evening and I didn't feel an ounce of how I felt the previous week after my run.

YAY!

I have to work on stretching. I umm, haven't done it once.

But I finally started cross-training a few weeks ago.

And this weekend? I'm looking at 10 miles to run. I'm so excited for it, too.

And I'm excited for my outdoor runs during the week, too.

What happened to me? I look forward to my runs?

2 comments:



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved