Thursday, March 22, 2012

More Arts and Crafts

I saw some words at Michael's and this idea flew into my head for what I wanted to do on the wall above our dressers.

I wanted to add a black frame with white and turquoise words. (Remember this post where I said I wanted to use a black/white/turquoise colored theme for the dresser?)

So, this is what I came up with. I bought the words I liked the most: laugh, believe, dream, live, love and family. I painted the word that I loved the most and wanted to stick out: family.

I then went to walmart and bought a cheap black frame, took out the backing and went to hang it. Except the hook part? Was attached to the paper backing, not the frame itself. Ouch.

So, I was creative and used silver frame holders that I spray painted black and screwed those into the wall. I hung the frame, used my handy double sided, sticks to concrete, yellow teachers tape and put the words in the frame.










Since this picture was taken, Hubs has moved the word Dream more towards the center instead of it being "tiered" on the right side. Admittedly, it does look better now.

The words don't stand out as much as they would if let's say, the wall itself was dark, like a pretty brown accent color perhaps, (ahem, Husband?) but I think it turned out beautifully.

The reveal for the dresser is coming up soon. I just have a bajillion few more minor details to attend to.

1 comments:



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved