My sweet child, the reason I live, is 19 months today.
Whaaaaaa?
I remember exactly a year ago today. We were flying back home from Puerto Rico.
M was 7 months old.
7 months. 19 months.
What a difference a year makes.
M is currently sitting next to me "reading" her mini princess books.
She just pointed out all the facial features of Prince Charming.
A year ago, we would be eating oatmeal with some fruit and maybe headed for the bouncer in a little bit.
M didn't start addressing me as Mommy until she was 15 months old. Then? She started calling me Daddy.
So I would correct her and say, "No. I'm Mommy."
Now? M has been calling me "I'm Mommy" for months.
It's my fault. But it's oh so cute. "Hi I'm mommy!"
M talks all.the.time.
I mean, Hello? Do you know who her parents are?
M doesn't want to miss out on anything.
The other night, it was dark in the room and Hubs and I thought M was sleeping. I started saying something and I thought The Husband wasn't listening. So I said, "hello?" to which I hear a very soft, sweet, girly voice say ever so gently, "hi."
M was still awake. Hubs and I laughed.
It's these little moments that make me realize M isn't a baby anymore.
M is around 32.5" and 26.5 pounds. Her hair is getting curlier and curlier, just like mine. She still has her baby blues that I had as a baby.
M is the biggest joker in the world and has the best cousins in the world. She tries to hang out with the big kids all the time. And? Her cousins always play with her. M is very blessed.
M is constantly saying 2-3 word sentences, sharing her toys, being kind and empathetic, cuddling, loving everyone.
She's always smiling, always talking, always giving me a reason to check on her mysterious self. (I'm totally blaming The Husband for M's mischievous side.)
I don't know how the past 19 months flew by me so fast, but if the past is any indication, I have a lot more great memories to make and laughter to have.
I know so many parents say it about their kid, but for us, it's actually true. We have the best kid in the world. End of story.
Happy 19 months to our greatest joy.



Happy 19 months! Time goes by so fast! The I'm Mommy is so cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy 19 months! Love the hello? hi? story. Adorable.
ReplyDelete