I mean, sure sometimes something will get me down. But I still try to see the light at the end of the road.
Like, I could complain that my knee hurts when I run sometimes. But I won't. Because when I do run? I'm running for those who truly can't.
Or I could complain about how my hair is rebelling against me and being unruly. But I remember a time when my own Mother would have loved to have even some peach fuzz during her chemotherapy treatments. So, I won't.
I could complain that there's no food in the house. But I won't. Because that statement just means I don't want any of the food we do have in the house. And there are millions of starving people in the world. So I'll stop having selfish thoughts and not complain.
I could complain that M has been waking up once a night the past few nights, but I most certainly never will. Because there are millions of people that are struggling with infertility, those who have a lost a child, those who now have an empty nest. Those who would give anything for one.more.night. of hearing their little toddler call for them in the middle of the night. So I won't complain. Ever. I'll be grateful.
I could complain about how I don't get to spend a lot of one-on-one time with The Husband anymore. But I won't. Because the reasons that prevent one-on-one time are valid, and we love each other and miss one another all the time, regardless of how much or how little time together we get.
I could complain that my list of books to read is growing, yet "me" time is shrinking. But how ridiculous is that to complain about? So many people in the world are illiterate. Or have never even seen or touched a book! Or that people want to spend time with you? That your presence is wanted? So, I won't complain. I'll smile and be personable and happy.
I could complain that my 30th birthday is coming up this summer and I feel old. But, another birthday is another year alive on this beautiful Earth. And quite frankly, it beats the alternative. So, I won't complain.
I have my family. I have air in my lungs. I have love.
I can't complain.


I needed this today! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteSuch an amazing post and a postive way to look at things! I think everybody needs a reminder sometimes thank you so much for this!
ReplyDelete