Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Missed Childhood

It took nothing more than M looking up at me one day when she was a baby, while I was on my phone, to make me realize, What am I doing? How long has she been looking at me? What did I miss? Why wasn't I in the moment with her?

I didn't need a trip somewhere, meetings, friends or family, or a stranger, to make me realize being in the moment is more important than capturing the moment.

So from that moment on, I stayed off my phone for most of the day. Every day.

I didn't want to miss a single moment with M. After all, these moments are all so fleeting.

I have stayed off social media sites for months at a time, with ease.

I have deleted apps off of my phone.

And on a daily basis, my phone stays on silent because honestly? There isn't a single person worth taking my attention off of my child.

I read this poignant article and I encourage you to, as well.

Don't miss the moments, you know?

Don't miss out on your kids.


3 comments:

  1. What a GREAT article! Some excellent points for sure!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, you are a wonderful mother! M is so blessed to have you!

    Secondly, how scary and real this is. In ten years, that phone will be in my hand but McKayla will not.

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so true. Breaks my heart when I see parents screaming at their kids because they are being KIDS, and the parent would rather chat about Kim Kardashian on the phone. You're such a good mama! <3

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved