Monday, May 21, 2012

Homemade Fabric Softener and Laundry Detergent

I've been interested in making our laundry detergent and fabric softener for a while now. But life,  toddlers, etc., stopped me from getting it done sooner.

But I sent The Husband out on Saturday to have some fun, so I made some laundry detergent and fabric softener. Finally.

Let's call them successes, shall we?

Both items were made easily, no big mess to clean up, you know what chemicals are coming into contact with your body, and for just $1.00, I made 160 cups of fabric softener. Yes, pleaseandthankyou.

I used this website's tutorial for both detergent and softener.

The detergent I didn't take pictures of, but it works great. Use the site for reference.

For the softener, I already had vinegar and conditioner. All I had to do was buy the bucket from the dollar store.

So, mix
•2 cups of a good smelling conditioner
•3 cups of vinegar
• and 6 cups of hot water

together in a bucket. Stir (do not shake) until all of the conditioner is smooth. So, no clumps are visible.





Pre-stirring above.




Post-stirring above.

And it's ready to use! I don't mind doing the laundry anyway, but at least it smells even better now!

2 comments:

  1. I've also started making my own laundry detergent and IT.IS.AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I have never thought to make my own. Does this work for HE machines?

    What conditioner did you use?

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved