Friday, June 1, 2012

Stupid Head Pain

I had my first ever hardcore headache my junior year of high school while sitting in English class.

Since then, I've developed headaches and of course, migraines.

I had headaches migraines during my pregnancy up until 19 weeks, when they usually stop around week 13. I sucked it up and usually never took medicine while pregnant.

I remember having a 2 day migraine when M was 2 weeks old. Otherwise, I think I've had maybe one or two since then? And a slew of bad headaches, of course!

I attribute this to praying to the big guy upstairs exercise, proper diet, and managing my stress properly.

Sometimes, there are outside factors I can't control though, like people wearing an excessive amount of perfume/cologne, thus setting off a horrible headache that I have to get under control quickly before it escalates into a migraine.

This past week, though? Torturous. I've had a headache almost daily. I'm not sure why, as I'm not doing anything differently. But last night? I went to bed discussing with my beloved the days happenings...

A few hours later, I woke up with a painful headache. This vicious cycle of waking up, throbbing pain, getting smooches from The Husband (the only non vicious part, obviously), falling asleep, etc., happened the entire night.

I'm amazed that during sleep time, I can develop a bad headache.

I can only attribute it to stress my subconscious is dealing with? Or is it something else?

I feel like I should come up with some better stress-management techniques so that these headaches don't attack me during my most prized time of night.

Help? What ways do you relax before going to bed? What tricks do you have up your sleeve to share?


2 comments:

  1. Nice, hot, long, take my time shower in the evenings. Helps me decompress from the day and I'm much more relaxed (and clean) when I crawl into bed.

    Also, peppermint essential oil on your temples (unless that will aggravate it further due to smell).

    Hope you get some resolve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry :( I hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved