Tuesday, July 17, 2012

DIY Decorative balls

I saw this idea a few months ago and then? Didn't do anything about it. And then a little while after I completed this little diy project. But, I don't have the link. So, if someone sees a link for this project, feel free to add it!

This little project is cheap and seemed easy enough. Gluing every.single.bean. took about two hours total. Not too long, and I get to feel proud that my arts and crafts will be displayed in the house.

I bought the styrofoam balls and spray paint with a 50% off coupon for each item. The paint brushes were 7 cents on sale and the turquoise paint was 50 cents on sale. So, I spent less than $8 to make ALL of this. Frugal and fabulous.

You'll need different sizes of balls. (sorry they're upside down. the sizes are 3 in and 2 in.)






I painted the turquoise balls because I couldn't find turquoise spray paint anywhere. I spray painted the black and white balls also before I glued on beans. You can see through the beans no matter how close together you glue them together.
and I'm OCD.









Sponge brush worked best. Dab dab dab all around.












Glue the beans on, starting in the middle of the ball. For the next row, glue the bean in between the bottom two beans. I put a line of glue and just kept taking beans. Repeat repeat repeat.
















Then? Paint or spray paint for desired color. I added a clear coat of paint after two colored coats. It gave a perfect shine!


















6 comments:



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved