Well, truth be told, we have been trying since November. So, that's nine full months of full time, umm, ahem.
I know some people who had a baby and, two months later, are pregnant again.
I know some people who "accidentally" got pregnant and are due soon.
I know some people who tried for a month or two and are now pregnant.
And trust me, I'm happy for them all. I mean, how can I not be?!
I know the joys of pregnancy. I know the joys of giving life. I know the joys of being a Mommy.
I'm so deeply, truly, happy for my friends.
But, I'm human.
I didn't start feeling the jealousy monster rear its ugly head until I heard moms talking about how little sleep they're getting because their newborn keeps them up. Or how they'd love a beer or skinny girl margarita but they can't because they're at XX-weeks until due date.
Don't these ladies know the thousands, millions even, of women, who would gladly take their place? Who would happily lose sleep to take care of their new bundle of joy? Who would like nothing more than to fill their empty arms and wanting heart with a baby of their own?
Jealousy is not a pretty trait, I know. And I'm not one to covet what others have.
But a baby? Your own child? That's something that comes from deep within, and so to want a squishy newborn? That's great.
But to have to struggle for one? To pray every night for one? And to know what you're missing out on?
That, my friends, is not great.
My journey the last nine months has been fine. The Husband is so supportive and knows that it's all in G-ds timing. Which, I know too.
But don't we all want a say in our own life's happenings?
After all of this, sometimes I worry. I worry I won't be able to handle two kids. That I won't be a good Mom to two because honestly? Sometimes I feel worn out from one. And I just want to be the best Mom to my kid(s). That's all any of us want.
I worry that I won't give enough to my Husband. I don't want to leave him out because I'm so focused on two kids.
I just worry.
Yet it does no good.
So we wait.
And wait.
Hoping and praying to see a positive line and know that we have the perfect addition to our family awaiting us.
All in G-ds timing.


I hear you. We were trying for months before we were finally blessed. It will happen. We can talk at the pool. :)
ReplyDeleteBtw, I just tagged you in my blog as a fabulous blogger. You get a ribbon. Weeee!
I understand your jealousy. We arent trying, but I wish we were! Keeping you in my prayers! Xo
ReplyDeleteWe have been trying for #2 for over a year and a half. So I totally know what you mean...mine just started rearing its ugly head recently even with trying for so long. First time around it took 4months...I'm starting to think it was an accident lol! So for it to take so king this time is very frustrating. Hang in there and hope you receive some great news soon!!
ReplyDeleteGod has a beautiful plan for you and in it's time it will come. You're a great mommy and you will be blessed with another child to love as much as you love M! <3 Keeping you in my prayers love! xo
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking about you and saying some prayers! I can't imagine struggling like that. It's one of my big fears when we're ready to have a baby.... thank you for sharing your story.
ReplyDeleteThinking about you! Obviously I haven't started down the baby road yet, but from my close friends who have struggled to get pregnant, I know how much it hurts. Like you said, it KILLS me when women complain nonstop about not being able to have beer or lunch meat or any of the other prego no no's.
ReplyDeleteIt will all happen in God's perfect timing! I know it will. Also, my mom has always said that having 2 kids was a lot easier than one actually. I guess that's why she kept going until 4! She said once they get to toddler age together, it's soooo nice. They distract each other. You're going to be an amazing mother of two!
My heart goes out to you. It's so hard to be patient and to wait on the Lord when its something that is a desire of your heart. I found you through the Creating Community link and I am so glad I did!
ReplyDeletejust found your blog and excited to be your newest follower!
ReplyDeletelove,
elisabeth
ps. i'd love for you to drop by lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com and follow along when you get a chance!