I mean, think about it. 40 years ago, it was 1972.
*A postage stamp cost 8 cents.
*Nixon was president and Time magazine's Man Of The Year.
*electronic mail is first introduced
*median household income was $9697
And most importantly? My parents got married.
You may have noticed from yesterday's post that it was my Daddy's birthday.
Well, you had to be 21 to marry without parental permission and, although my Mom is a few months younger than my Dad, she had her parents permission. My Dad's parents? They loved my Mom but wanted my Dad to finish school first .. meaning, no permission granted. So, the first chance my Dad got, the day after his 21st birthday? He married my Mom.
And 40 years later, they're even more in love. They hold hands everyday. Say I love you all the time. Have 3 children, 6 grandchildren. And still look forward to seeing each other at the end of every day.
I'm so blessed to have role models, best friends and my biggest cheerleaders as my parents.
Happy Anniversary to my most favorite couple ever. I love you both more than words could ever express.
May we all be so lucky as to have our forever home in someone else's heart.


Aw <3
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! Tell them I said congratulations
ReplyDelete