Thursday, September 20, 2012

It's Okay and Thankful Thursday

I have felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude lately, so for my own records, I'm writing some of them here for a Thankful Thursday post. But, I link up with Amber for "It's Okay" because I try not to take life too seriously. I mean, in the end, everything will be okay, right? So, I'm doing two in one today. Holla for multi-tasking.


It's Okay...

that I want to just sleep through my alarm sometimes, just for five more minutes. But, my daughter doesn't have a snooze button.

that I'm thinking M's second birthday is bittersweet. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy she's growing up to be a beautiful person, inside and out. BUT. Where's my teeny tiny little baby? Who told her to grow up so fast?

for me to look at M in awe of who she is becoming. I have so much to learn from her.

that I judge my neighbor for smoking right next to his kids on his balcony. Secondhand smoke, aisle 3.

that I actually got sad that McDonald's Strawberry Lemonade's have stopped being sold from the summertime. They're so yummy. So yummy. Did I mention they're yummy?

that I haven't tried a single pumpkin recipe/drink yet this season.

that I've never even had a pumpkin spice latte. (I hear the collective gasps)

to want to order chipotle for dinner even though you have leftover fajitas you made the previous night still in the fridge.

to not really enjoy leftovers. Meh..

that I wasn't much of a cuddler before I got married. 

to not log in to facebook every day. Or every week. Or on anything other than your phone when you do go on.

to want to wear your favorite pair of sweatpants to work even though it's not appropriate for most people. Since I'm a sahm, I have mastered this.

to have grand plans of doing my hair! and making it pretty! and girly! But by the time I get out of the shower, I just want to sit. Or read. Or sleep. So my hurr goes in the Mom-Bun.

to enjoy arts and crafts time with M. In fact, I probably enjoy the arts and crafts activity itself more than she does. Whoops.

that The Husband and I haven't started training yet for our Marine Corps Marathon that's at the end of October. (Hmm. On second thought, this one probably isn't okay.)


 ***********************************

Thankful Thursdays

I used to do these posts rather often. I stopped, not because I had nothing to be grateful for. But rather, because I just kept the thoughts to myself. Anyway, here goes!

I'm thankful ....

that I have shelter. From the heat, the rain, the cold, the elements. The Husband doesn't enjoy leaving us everyday, but he works damn hard to provide for us so that we have a home to call ours.

for celebrities. They make me feel so, normal?! Especially the Kardashians. And the Teen Moms. And the Housewives franchise. And almost any show on TLC.

for bubbles. OHMYGOSH bubbles. If I could get HALF as excited as my two year old does about bubbles I would be the happiest! person! in! the! world!

for my dogs. Romeo and Babe Ruth have made such a positive impact on my life. And my family's life. And M just adores them. I mean, sure, they may not always enjoy when she jumps on them. Or when she "tickles" their ears by putting her finger in them. Or even when she says "kisses!" to them and lunges at their entire face. But, they're so good to her. I just couldn't ask for better dogs.

that I have a vacuum cleaner that sucks up sparkles. And glitter. Because almost every toy M has, involves sparkles or glitter. And it constantly looks like a glitter fairy threw up in our house. So, yeah. Love you oreck!

that my family is normal. And we have no crazies. Seriously. We're all relatively normal. Win!

for wine-time. It prevents whine-time.

to the medical community for what they do. And public safety officials. And my fellow teachers. These people don't get the credit they deserve. Or pay.

for our health. Even when I have a sinus infection and feel like my head is going to explode, or when The Husband has a Man Cold. I'm more than aware that others always have it worse. (The Man Cold is super serious though, I've learned.)

for chocolate. Amen.





17 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish we had more normal people in my family, then again it wouldn't be entertaining. Seriously, my family is full of crazies, one of them thinks she is an archangel.
    Love your posts and how old is your daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! We have a lot in common :) I totally agree with you about wanting to wear sweatpants every day and throwing hair up in the "mom-bun". My daily look, unless I'm going out to run errands or meet Hubs for lunch. Gotta look nice for him! Even then, sometimes I still have the mom-bun.

    When is your little's birthday? We're having S's first birthday party next weekend and her actual birthday is October 7. So true how fast time goes once you have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you on the strawberry lemonade! Wish they would carry it year-round!

    Coming over from the link-up :) thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Amanda

    storiesfromsanders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had a pumpkin latte either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, have never had a pumpkin latte. And I wish I could wear sweatpants to work, unfortunately it's not an option. I live in them when I'm at home though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just what I needed today! I've had the WORST day of all days. And spent most of the afternoon in tears. Ridiculous b/c most of it just doesn't matter! And you crack me up, thanks for celebrities, making us feel normal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha i love bubbles, that is such a great thing to be thankful for! :)

    happy thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, there is something always to be thankful for. At my age, I'm thankful I woke up this morning. :=) followed u back fellow blog hopper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for stopping by! I've never had a pumpkin spice latte before...and that seems to be all anyone is talking about lately...and chipotle, well it's always a good time for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never had a pumpkin spice latte, either. :) And, all birthdays for your baby are bittersweet. My little one turns 3 in December. It's exciting to watch her grow, but I miss my little baby. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post. Wine time = prevents whine time...that is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I'm your newest follower :) Massive gasp coming from me as you mention not having any pumpkin items yet. You need to get your hands on some pumpkin spice hershey kisses! Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo - Hope

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't enjoy leftovers, either. And I feel you on the second birthday. We have one in less than seven days ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is all okay! Love your list! Have a wonderful weekend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't judge you for not partaking in pumpkiny spicey goodness. Because this post is my favorite. You're awesome my bloggie friend!
    Oh, and you forgot to be thankful for baseball pants. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ha ha! I don't think I've ever had a pumpkin spice latte either (seems to be quite the gathering of those ppl here) I am with you on the second hand smoke, YUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never had a pumpkin spice anything, which everyone I know thinks is a travesty. Also, people like your neighbor are why hubby doesn't let me interact with the neighbors. I'd probably be fighting the guy, lol.

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved