Monday, September 24, 2012

To My Two Year Old

I typed up an entire post full of pictures of you over the past two years, but then realized that it's not what I wanted for today.

I want you to know the impact you've had in your short two years on Earth.

You made your Daddy go from sad that the Redskins lost to happy and cheering for you when you started walking.

You made your Grandma-ma go from tears over losing her mother to smiling, simply because you hugged her.

You made your cousin Ben go from crying because he got in trouble to smiling because you threw your arms around his neck and said, "What's wrong Ben? Don't cry."

You made me go from happy to elated when you finally said, "I love you, Momma!" back to me.

You bring so much joy and happiness to everyone. I've never met a friendlier, happier, relaxed child. You, simply put, are the best.

You say the funniest things. You sing all the time, everywhere we go. You kiss random kids on the forehead. (we're working on teaching you that it's maybe not always appropriate)

You are so far ahead with your speaking abilities. We have full on conversations! It blows my mind every day.

I want you to know that I love you more everyday. And although everyday I think it's impossible to love you more? I do the next day. And the next. And the next.

I have hopes that you will become a gentle-hearted person. A kind, caring, compassionate person that knows what's right isn't always the easy path. But, it's worth it.

I pray that you remain healthy, and happy, and your sweet innocent self. I pray that you remain your strong-willed and determined self. It will serve you well in  later years.

I want you to have the world in your hands, after you've worked for it. Nothing good comes easy, sweet girl. You have to work for what you want. It's a hard lesson, but a lesson worth learning.

I want you to know that no matter what you do, I am proud of you. As long as you have tried your hardest, there is no failing.

I have given numerous hours of my life to holding you, kissing you, talking to you, spending quality time with you. These hours of time are worth more than any amount of money, and usually, I don't have a photograph to show these moments.

I've found that the moments without photos are often when I'm most "present" with you.

I love you, I wish the world for you, and hope that you stay as perfect as you are.

Happy 2nd Birthday to the reason I live.

xo

8 comments:

  1. This post made me so teary! This is exactly how I feel for my little guy. Having a baby completely changes your life for the better! Nothing matters but them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL! Make sure you keep this to show her when she grows up!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Sweet M!! You are a wonderful mother, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a lot better than photos!! Great one to capture two years!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet!

    xo Jill

    jillianturner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it. I'm still amazed how some one so small can make one person so happy!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved