Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Oh Two-dles!

We didn't let M watch television when she was a baby. Since I was the one home with her during the day, and I'm not a big tv person, it wasn't hard to keep it off.

When M turned one, we decided that a little tv wouldn't hurt her here and there. So, I turned on the tv one morning, and what was playing? Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

And the rest is history.

Those rats characters, Minnie and Mickey, stole my little one year olds heart and it's safe to say she was obsessed a fan. Like, she wouldn't watch any other show. Trust me, I tried. Because there's only so much of "Meeska! Mouska! Miiiiiiickkkeyyy Moussseeee!" one can hear.

But M held steadfast to her love of Mickey! Minnie! Pluto! Goofy! Donald! Daisy! Pete! Clarabelle! (am I forgetting anyone?)

When M was around 18 months old, I realized that I had a second birthday party theme. Minnie Mouse. And you know how they say, "Oh Toodles!"  on the show? Well, I changed it to "Oh Two-dles!" Perfect, right?

And since I'm a diy-er, I decided to go crazy make M's invites, gift tags, banners, you name it.


The invites were easy. I cut out Minnie Mouse heads from an outline I found online. I downloaded the Disney font, typed up the invite, cut out the circle, and glued it onto Minnie's head. I then added a pink glittery sticker bow.


Then I made the Happy Birthday banner. Disney font, cut out circles, cut out eleventy bajillion Minnie Mouse heads in alternating pink and black/white polka dots.


I'd be perfectly fine never cutting out another Minnie Mouse head again.

Then I decided to lose my ever lovind mind make Minnie Mouse decor for the party. I came up with the idea on my own. Then? I saw it all over pinterest. Sadz. I thought I was being original.

I bought different sized styrofoam balls, did two coats of black spray paint, made a bow out of Minnie Mouse ribbon, stuck it in a terra cotta pot, added shredded paper, and viola.








The goodie bags had a whole bunch of toys inside. The Husband decided to make it his personal mission to get  candy in the bag. I kept saying no, but in his words, "You can't have a goody bag without candy in it." He won.

The bags were filled with way too much candy and toys and the kids loved the bags. Of course.

I cut out mini-Minnie Mouse heads and glued a mini circle on that said something along the lines of, "Thanks for coming and celebrating with me. Oh Two-dles! Love, M" for the gift tags.





Did I mention I'd be okay if I never had to cut another Minnie Mouse head again? Because I wasn't lying.

We ordered sub platters from Quiznos. Ordered a cake from a local bakery. (I didn't want to stress about having to make the cake right before the party. Otherwise, I would've made it.)

Organic juice for the kiddos (that ish is disgusting, by the way), mickey/minnie mouse organic chicken nuggets and goldfish, chips and dip, water that had personalized labels saying, "M's Mouska Water", vintage glass coke bottles and sprite, hot dogs (duh. you can't have a Minnie Mouse party without them) and a partridge in a pear tree.


The writing in the frame came from something I saw on Pinterest. I didn't pin it, but the picture said a lot of what I wanted for M. So, I changed some of the wording, tweaked it if you will. I had the polka dot paper already, as well as the frame. So total cost for it? $0.00


I didn't want a Minnie Mouse party that had Minnie Mouse everywhere. More like, I wanted it to be a birthday party with Minnie Mouse accents. We had green polka dot balloons attached to each kiddie chair and green and pink/white polka dot streamers around the room.







Happy 2nd Birthday to our sweet M!

15 comments:

  1. So cute and coordinated! I want a Minnie Mouse birthday party! Hope your daughter and her friends had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing; you did such a great job. I have NEVER seen anything like this (even on pinterest) so to me you are original!

    Tara

    http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! Looks like everything came together great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgoodness, so cute! I want to have this party! hhaa

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest birthday party idea! i love it! You are an amazing party planner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great party favors! Found you on the blog hop and started following. I'm a teacher, too! Please check me out if you get the chance!

    http://marienni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I have to do this one day for a baby girl! I LOVE IT! You did SUCH a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cute!!! I know how long mine took....yours must have taken forever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the most adorable thing I've ever seen!

    xx,
    J
    www.abentpieceofwire.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my goodness!! Your decorations for M's party are amazing! Everything looks like it turned out perfectly. The banner and the Minnie foam "trees"? Adorable. You are SO creative :)

    I'm so glad everything went well...now we'll see if S's party turns out just as amazing this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute party!! Love how everything turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute party!!? So jealous, I want it all! :) I am your newest follower from Friday Chaos! Yay! :)
    Follow me back at: bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So in love with your work! Wow! Thanks for linking up with Super Sunday Sync!

    Check out my Mommy blog at:
    www.dawnsdisaster.blogspot.com
    Visit anytime!
    {All follows are returned}
    Come play on Sundays @
    Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a wonderful job.

    Oh toooooooooooooooodles (is that what that show always says??) lol.

    Found you on the blog hop and I'm following. Happy Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We had a Minnie Mouse theme for my daughters 2nd birthday too! She's obsessed! You did a great job decorating!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved