Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Make Me Look Pretty

I've never really been the type of person that pays attention to major trends going on in the world. I mean, I bought my first pair of knee-high boots just last year. I'm late on the fashion-train, y'all. But, I am making a concerted effort to dress nicer.

Sure, The Husband tells me I'm beautiful and that he loves me just as much in yesterday's stained jammies my sahm uniform as he does when I wear a black dress for our random date nights. Sweet, right? But what husband wants yoga pants and tank tops every.single.day. on their wife? I sure as hell wouldn't if I were him.

So I want to actually wear, umm, clothes? Stuff that I'd otherwise say, "Why should I put this on if I'm not going anywhere?"

Could I go on a shopping spree and buy whatever I want? Yes. Would The Husband be upset? Absolutely not. Actually, he encourages me to get whatever it is that I want to make myself feel better. It's great and all, and I appreciate it, but I have a walk-in closet full of stuff I've never worn, or only worn once, or stuff that I should be wearing, but can't figure out how to.

Then I remembered Polyvore, and decided to do something that would make my closet stop yelling, "boring, predictable and blah" at me every time I walked in it.

So, I used basic pieces I already have, and built an outfit. I'm seriously amazed that I can make presentable outfits based on things I have in my closet.

But, are these outfits okay to wear, say, outside? You be the judge. Let me know which outfit you like the best and to the best of my ability, I'll go shopping in my closet and recreate the outfit, to be posted in the near future.

So, help a lady out. Make Me Look Pretty.

Outfit #1

pink and boots 

Outfit #2
coral outfit 

Outfit #3 
 black and yellow

Outfit #4
red dressy 

Outfit #5
brown fall  

7 comments:

  1. My favorite is #2, followed by #1.

    #2 is great because you can easily change it up. Buy some different colored scarves, flats and sweaters. Even if they're the same style, that's ok! Super easy. And it shouldn't hinder you playing with M at all... whereas a skirt or white pants around a toddler... maaaaybe not as carefree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Lovin number 2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband encourages you to go on shopping sprees?! I need to find me one of those! LOVE the corals in outfit #2 and if you're looking for leopard flats, I got a great pair at Target for under $20!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love number 2!! I never get dressed. We are always in pjs here. I am however in the process of putting together my birthday outfit. It is totally out of my comfort zone but I'm so excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two is my favorite--all of those items are pretty much staples in my closet.

    By the way, the blog looks great (I'm usually in Google Reader, so I hadn't seen the new layout).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the yellow skirt! So pretty. I also love the boots in outfit #1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the outfits!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved