
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Wedded Bliss Wednesday
I love talking about my marriage and my husband because frankly, they both kick ass. So, I'm linking up with Kay to talk about them.
If you could give one piece of advice to any married (or soon-to-be married) couple, what would it be?
Listen to things that are spoken out loud, as well as things that aren't said aloud. Both are equally important.
What is an absolute MUST for any marriage/relationship?
I'd say that both spouses need to be looking in the same direction and have the same goals. If one spouse is okay with being sedentary, but the other spouse wants to move up (or around) in life, there's bound to be issues.
What is the #1 no-no in a marriage?
Besides the obvious, I'd say giving up. You married the person for a reason. A fight, an argument, etc., shouldn't change the fact that you love the person with every ounce of your being. Fight for your spouse. Fight for your marriage. Fight for what makes you happy.
What is the biggest lesson you have learned from your marriage?
I've learned that sometimes, I'm not right. (Don't ever tell The Husband I wrote that!!) I've learned that it's okay to not win an argument. And it's okay to go after what you believe in.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Don't give up! Yes! Love it. I feel like ppl are ready to throw in the towel at the smallest things.
ReplyDeleteI'm learning that I'm not always right too. I don't know if I like it lol
ReplyDeleteI love what you said about fighting for your marriage!
ReplyDeleteWe are twins in terms of marriage views!!! So happy to have you link up with us this week :)
ReplyDeleteHey there! I just found your blog and am really excited to be your newest follower. I LOVED this post and agreed with every word. Especially the part about giving up. I have quite a few friends that are taking the (divorce) easy way out. It's sad.
ReplyDeleteamanda @ we and serendipity
Uhhhh. Lesson learned...me too. In fact, I'm wrong more often than he is...shhhh...I didn't just say that. :)
ReplyDeleteI have been fighting for my marriage for many years, especially when it comes to his family and daughter. I really love this post and am thinking of doing one on why I love Ronnie.
ReplyDeleteYes! Don't give up! Marriage is hard, but definitely a life long commitment
ReplyDeleteYes, don't give up! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following back!
ReplyDeleteBecky from http://thebisforbecky.blogspot.com/