Early November - I start getting super congested and bloody noses a few times a day for almost a week. Same thing happened when I was pregnant with M. It occurs to me that I could be pregnant, but highly doubted it. So I didn't take a test.
Mid November - I start feeling tired a lot during the day.
November 22nd - all of my family from Jersey came down to visit for Thanksgiving. That night, I got sick five times. I was the only person that got sick.
November 23rd - M and I took a 2.5 hour nap together. M doesn't nap often, and I never do.
The night of November 23rd, I decided to finally take a pregnancy test. Funny enough, I had just bought about a dozen tests from the dollar store a week before. I mean, when you've been trying for a year, you end up using a lot of tests. Just sayin'.
The test came back with two lines almost immediately. I had these grand plans I'd imagined of how I'd tell The Husband he was going to be a Daddy Of Two when the time came. But? That all went out the window, because I was so shocked to see two lines that I said, "Huh? Two lines? That means positive? So the test is positive I'm not pregnant? I'm confused. Hey babe? Can you come here please?"
Side note: How do women actually keep it a secret from their husband? Isn't that the first person that you immediately tell? Like, immediately after you take the test? I mean, I know I'm bad with keeping awesome secrets like that from The Husband, but sheesh.
Anyway. The Husband rushed over because, as he said, he heard panic in my voice. I asked him to clarify what the two lines meant, to which he busted out laughing, hugged me, and said, "OMG! I'm so excited!!" and then proceeded to rub my belly and say, "Hi baaabbyyyy! Hi babbbbyyyy!"
Yes, my husband is adorable and super excited about Baby 2.0. It took me about 25937 more tests to realize that maybe, juuuuuust maybe, all of the tests were in fact accurate. Again, after trying for a year, it seemed like maybe it was too good to be true.
So here we are, expecting Baby 2.0. We're feeling lucky and oh so blessed.
We're excited, M is excited, family's excited, Romeo and Babe Ruth are excited... we're all just excited about a squishy newborn being around these parts.
I'll be adding weekly bumpdates and other info soon.
Thank you for all the well-wishes and beautiful words, friends.


Yay!! So happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteI wish you all the best love this is very exciting for you I just hope that feeling better is something that comes along with this pregnancy! xo
ReplyDeleteI too had the same grand plans for baby #1 but pretty much told the husband in the same way, when he was at work. Ha. For baby #2 I was hoping to do something special, but who know, I will probably do the same thing again. I also got nose bleeds with S...so weird. Hope your migraines subside soon too...
ReplyDeleteyayy! Congrats! I am sure I will have no grand plans about telling P whenever the time is right because well I will want to call EVERYBODY and he obviously should know first:)
ReplyDeleteYay! I can't wait to see Baby 2.0 progress!
ReplyDeleteI love your husbands reaction! I think Michael would faint lol.
happy for you and your family!
ReplyDeleteI didn't tell B in a cute way either. I meant to and it didn't happen. Mostly because I saw the faintest line ever and I needed another test and he was out and about so I told him to bring one home. Oh well!
ReplyDeleteYour blog title is actually super accurate then. ;) 2013 will be grand!
ReplyDeleteI have no idea how women keep it from their husbands, I busted out that information as soon as I knew. LOL. I keep telling myself I will tell my husband in a special way for baby 2 but I don't have high hopes.
ReplyDeleteCongrats again!!
I told my husband by giving him the test. and then another one that spelled it out "positive." that was with our 3rd. I waited till the other kids were in bed before I did it though!
ReplyDeleteAwww, I love how he reacted! So sweet.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for the bump pics!
Congratulations!!! So happy for you, many blessings!
ReplyDeleteHi baaaaabbbbbbyyyyyyyy. Bahahahahaha that's adorable! So so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! That's so wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteLove this! I didn't tell John in a fun way with Emma. I was WAY too shocked!!! Ha!
ReplyDelete