I love blogging. The relationships I've made, the content I've come across, the good people that I've seen out there? It reaffirms my belief that there are more good people in the world than bad.
I've read some amazing posts over the past few weeks, and although I'm not highlighting all of them, I want to at least mention a few.
My friend who writes at The Gray Matters is currently accepting donations for an extremely worthy cause. She's an exceptionally kind and warm-hearted person that pretty much has the same sense of humor as me.
I was taken aback when I read this question from Chelsea at Life Unpublished:
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? The question really makes you think. Go read her post to see how she answers.
A fellow teacher, Caitlin works in a low-income district. Like me, her students receive free lunch and she spends her own money to pay for school supplies. She's currently accepting donations through donorschoose.org to help pay for school supplies. I've had donations made in my honor through the organization and what a blessing it is to have people help support education.
Jilly at Hi It's Jilly posted some very helpful info regarding storm preparedness. Lots of links and ideas to stay ready! I used the post to help prepare for Hurricane Sandy.
Mandy at Mommy Musings made a fantastic list of ways to be prepared for the storm, in list form. My type of girl. She mentioned things I wouldn't even have thought of! It's starred in my reader.
Nikki at From a Miss to a Mrs. shares her journey, and shows her strength, in battling something that may prevent her from being a Mommy. I know it took a lot of courage to share the story.
Another blogger who has turned into a good friend is also named Nikki. She lives in my homestate of Jersey and is showing the devastation from Sandy. She has a link in her post for you to donate to the Red Cross, if you're so inclined.
Another blogger friend that lives in Jersey is Kimberly. Her post is heart-wrenching. The pictures of my childhood playgrounds absolutely destroyed makes Sandy seem even more real, if that's possible.
And, to not totally depress you ... One of the funniest blog posts I've read in a while comes from Amanda at Everyday B and B. Her take on labor and such is hilarious.
Have you read any amazing posts lately?


It is fun to read other blogs! I am a blogger myself and I really enjoy meeting new friends :). I am a now following you through the mingle, would love a follow back.
ReplyDeletehttp://cumminslife.blogspot.com/
Thanks so much lady:) Hope it helps people!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the mention! I need a laugh right now so I will go read the labor post.
ReplyDeleteHave a good week!
I love when other bloggers get their site recognized. I enjoyed reading this post and I am following you now. I would love for you to follow back.
ReplyDeleteJillian
http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/11/pray.html
Hello, I love your blog. Cant wait to read more. Im one of your newest followers from the GFC BLOG HOP. You can follow me back at http://www.navywif33.com
ReplyDeleteI completely agree and I am hooked on the blogging world!! I am amazed at the friends that I have made all over the world!
ReplyDeleteoliviamoone.blogspot.com
Hey momma! Thanks for the should out love! I am playin catch up on blogs now. I cant wait to get back to my house.
ReplyDeleteGoing to check these out now! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteVery cool! I was thinking about doing a post like this soon. I will definitely mention you! Love your amazing posts.
ReplyDeleteOh I just love posts like this. You share just enough to intrigue me and make me want to click on every link. I think that like a blogging super power. ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello. I'm glad to meet you and look forward to reading more from you. Have a great week!